Stuff that makes you feel old

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

It’s difficult to believe because when you look at the difference between the WWF at the beginning of that time and the end, then compare it to WWE in 2002 and today, it’s stunning how one period represents so much change and the other so much stagnation.

In the former the company growth was as obvious as the changes in people - one PPV a year '85-'86, two in '87, three in '88, four from 89-92, five from 93-94 and from May 1995 at least one per month ever after.

Since WM18... what's changed apart from the people? not much positive but at the same time too much to get into in a single post.

Somebody mentioning Strong Style Tapes in the UKFF Birthday thread has made me feel rather old. I was buying from him when it was Fuse MP.

I'd write out a really nice letter that, upon reflection, probably read like Bernard Black's first betting slip and send a cheque every month for the WCW PPVS.

I'm often amazed at how Ziggler started in WWE around 16 years ago! I remember his debut and to think he is still going. Also Kofi has been signed w WWE over 15 years.

It's weird because Undertaker felt like he had been around for decades in 1997, and he only had 7 years in WWF. 

Give the number of guys who have hung around for so long it's shocking how little WWE has evolved. As others have said, comparing 1985 and 1997 is like night and day w so few being around from both periods. Yet here we are in 2021 and still have Jericho, Hardy, Ziggler et al still out there. Its even more mental when you consider the Hardys have been around for 23+yrs. Time seems to have stopped in the mid 2000s for me. I can barely remember anything from WM 25 onward. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 1:36 PM, rollthedice said:

Somebody mentioning Strong Style Tapes in the UKFF Birthday thread has made me feel rather old. I was buying from him when it was Fuse MP.

I'd write out a really nice letter that, upon reflection, probably read like Bernard Black's first betting slip and send a cheque every month for the WCW PPVS.

Ah, FuseMP! I remember that name. I got Super J Cup 94 and When Worlds Collide from Mark Petar in about '99 I think. Remember being really excited to watch them, even if it was on a grainy VHS. Good times!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Just saw this and couldn't believe WWE DVDs are still a thing.

Direct to Poundland's £2 section. I did actually see a PPV in my local Tesco's recently. But it was the first new WWE DVD I had seen since just after Silver Vision closed.

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

Thought it was off topic. My mistake. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz