Stuff that makes you feel old

tiger_rick

I saw something about Stardom on Twitter the other day, maybe from Ian off here saying they're owned/ran by some noncey type fella and sell calenders of 14 year olds or something?  I know Japan had a reputation of underage seediness from a doc I saw years ago I guess things haven't changed

I'm always dubious of the types you see at all women wrestling feds never mind ones which let underage girls wrestle, can only imagine the twitter feeds for that 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Sheffbag said:

Next month will be 41 years since Flair won his first NWA World(s) title

July marked the 25th anniversary of the moment captured during Wrestling With Shadows, Bret Hart said (feeling and sounding completely knackered) "I'm 40. Just turned 40 last week."

Those old old things don't make me feel old.

What makes me feel old is realising that the Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) reforming on Smackdown was 5 YEARS AGO. It feels like that just happened!

• Paid Members

Very few times in wrestling do all the stories weave together and result in TV leading into matches that come out the other end great, with the performers (including extras, managers, run ins etc) all hitting form, and even rarer does it happen when the crowd is wired AND the business is hot, but the top 5 matches at Mania 17 achieved everything you want, plus a defining moment (regardless of whether it was a good idea or what followed) of "END CHAPTER" to top it off. So...

1 hour ago, Pinc said:

Everyone knows wrestling attained perfection at WrestleMania X7. Its a scientific fact.

This is subjectively true for me, and I think there's a very good case to argue that it's objectively true, although opinions, as always, will remain opinions for anything other than qualitative data, empirical evidence etc etc. If someone wants to argue that any of those matches were not blinders then they can, but they're fucking weird if they do.

.........The Simpsons episode paraphrased is now 26 years old.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Very few times in wrestling do all the stories weave together and result in TV leading into matches that come out the other end great, with the performers (including extras, managers, run ins etc) all hitting form, and even rarer does it happen when the crowd is wired AND the business is hot, but the top 5 matches at Mania 17 achieved everything you want, plus a defining moment (regardless of whether it was a good idea or what followed) of "END CHAPTER" to top it off.

but forget about Debra, she's a non-factor.