Stuff that makes you feel old

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I did a Twitter thing on this a while back, so I'll just recycle most of that...

• Shane McMahon is the same age that Sgt Slaughter was when he was named WWF Commissioner
  • The Undertaker is older than Sgt Slaughter was when Sarge was in the Gimmick Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 17.
    I used the Gimmick Battle Royal as a key point because it was a time when all the talent involved were presented as washed up relics of a previous era, the idea of pushing them in the present day seemed demonstrably absurd...

• At the time of that Battle Royal: Bushwhacker Butch and Nikolai Volkoff were the same age that The Undertaker is now
  • Typhoon & The Goon were younger then than Triple H is now
  • Hillbilly Jim was the same age Triple H is now
  • Earthquake was younger than John Cena, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Shayna Baszler, and only a few months older than Finn Balor
  • Brother Love was younger than John Cena
  • Michael Hayes was the same age as Cena.
  • One Man Gang, same age as Brock Lesnar
  • Kamala, younger than The Undertaker
  • The Repo Man was younger than Matt Hardy
  • Duke Droese was 33 years old. Younger than everyone already mentioned. Younger than Roman Reigns.

When Dustin Rhodes debuted, none of the following wrestlers had been born;
Andrade, The Authors of Pain, Buddy Murphy, Cedric Alexander, Ricochet, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Kairi Sane, Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott, Sarah Logan, Zelina Vega, Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Mandy Rose, Nikki Cross, Sasha Banks, Sonya Deville
Adam Cole, Humberto Garza, Cameron Grimes, Kona Reeves, Lio Rush, Pete Dunne, Raul Mendoza, Riddick Moss, Deonna Purazzo, Aliyah, Io Shirai, Mia Yim, Taynari Conti, Tegan Nox, Ariyah Daivari, Jack Gallagher
Fabian Aichner, Flash Morgan Webster, Ilja Dragunov, James Drake, Jordan Devlin, Marcel Barthel, Mark Andrews, Mark Coffey, Noam Dar, Zack Gibson, Jinny, Kay Lee Ray, Killer Kelly, Piper Niven
Nick Jackson, Hangman Page, Joey Janela, Kip Sabian, Peter Avalon, Rey Fenix, Sammy Guavera, Stu Grayson, Britt Baker, Sadie Gibbs
Will Ospreay, Hiromu Takahashi, Chase Owens, David Finlay Jr., Jay White, Toa Henare, Bandido, Dragon Lee, Flip Gordon, Robbie Eagles, Sho Tanaka, 

The following were born after he debuted as Goldust:
Rhea Ripley, Humberto Carillo, Mansoor, A-Kid, Tyler Bate, Toni Storm, Xia Brookside
MJF, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, Bea Priestley, Riho

Velveteen Dream was born one day before Goldust's first vignette aired.

When Vader faced Will Ospreay in 2016, Vader had already been wrestling for five years longer than Will Ospreay has been alive now

Edited by BomberPat

I saw yesterday doing the rounds on twitter which follows on from the above post that there were 18 WWF Wrestlemanias and next years will be the 18th WWE Wrestlemania

It really does only seem like a few years ago we were told "get the F out" but it was almost 18...18!!!! Years ago

9 hours ago, JNLister said:

MJF was born seven months after Nitro started.

I'm so out of touch and living in New Gen era WWF that I don't even know who MJF is, what MJF stands for and if he/she is in NXT or AEW!

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

I saw yesterday doing the rounds on twitter which follows on from the above post that there were 18 WWF Wrestlemanias and next years will be the 18th WWE Wrestlemania

I posted that in the off-topic version of this thread early Tuesday morning so I'm claiming credit if it was on Twitter yesterday.

28 minutes ago, Statto said:

I posted that in the off-topic version of this thread early Tuesday morning so I'm claiming credit if it was on Twitter yesterday.

Haha that maybe were I saw it then, thought it was on Twitter but could well of been confusing myself.