Stuff that makes you feel old

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator
12 hours ago, MrK said:

I presume this is a precursor for when HHH, Kane or the Undertaker inevitably  take part next year. 

Edge popping up last night means he’s already done the four decade Rumble thing. Michaels did it between the 1980s-2010s.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Its the comparative runs that still boggle my mind.

Considering its impact on the business and the number of moments it caused, WCW Nitro's run was actually only six years long. In comparison, the current format of NXT has been going for seven and a half.

Both Steve Austin and The Rock's main WWF runs were each a total of seven years (including Austin's long sabbaticals due to injury and self imposed exile and Rock's first Hollywood forrays). Meanwhile, Dolph Ziggler has been on the main roster for 14 years and Randy Orton for 17. 

Can't believe that Zack Ryder is still younger than me though (34). He's been around for ages!

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Bret Hart worked for the WWF for 13 years from 84 to 97. That was seen as one of those "damn, Bret's been here the whole time, imagine if he wasnt here." "Little Blade's running around, I remember when Bret was that age" and all that shite. Zack Ryder has that tenure now. Madness. Dolph Ziggler is like the Fink.

• Paid Members

I like The Miz. He's generally decent at all aspects. But for 16 years, if you asked me to pick out a good Miz match, I could barely tell you one. Only the ladder match with Lawler comes to mind. Even for moments or runs, the only things that I can think of are THAT promo on Bryan on the Smackdown after show, him dressing as John Cena for that total Divas knock off, him calling out Cena in 2009 (?) and the cash in for the title. 

I'd say anecdotally that I like Miz & Morrison and his angles with Riley and Sandow but none of it is more memorable than that.

16 years.