Stuff that makes you feel old

tiger_rick

Was talking to a friend at work who is no longer a fan but loved it as a kid. We shared our memories of being allowed to stay up despite having school in the morning when Channel 4 had the Royal Rumble in 2000.

That was TWENTY years ago. 

Edited by Jonny Vegas

7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

But if he takes away all the time he spent at school, sleeping, having a crap and watching cartoons, he was born last Wednesday.

I remain absolutely baffled by yours and others continued lack of understanding of relatively simple mathematics. It's a lot easier to pretend everything is the fault of every government that's ever existed and not any of our own though isn't it.

Getting back on topic, let's have 26 week years so Royal Rumble 2000 can be 40 years ago. 

• Paid Members

I remember being shocked when reading one of the Apter mags as a kid in the mid 90's to find out that Bret Hart was 37 years old at the time. He was always portrayed and wrestled as a young up and comer to some degree, or certainly to someone of my age who was too young for the initial Hart Foundation run.

37 seemed ancient to me at the time and whereas it shouldn't come as a surprise now, I still can't get my head around the fact he's now in his early 60's.

Its funny, I can watch an episode of Premier League years from 96/97 or whatever, and fully appreciate the footage of Ravanelli for 'Boro or Gordon Strachan still plodding along in centre mid for Coventry as being of its time.

But on the flipside, watch an episode of Raw from 1997 during the US/Canada feud or whatever, and it feels nothing like the best part of 25 years ago.

Edited by garynysmon