HOSTAGE WATCH: WWE Stranded In Saudi

Accident Prone

36 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

If Manchester United went to play a glamour friendly in Saudi Arabia for mega money which wasn't paid then the owner flew himself, the manager and the very top players home on a private jet but then left the lesser players and staff there to fend for themselves later instructing them to book their own hotels until it was sorted would anyone at all be lamenting them tweeting about how horrific that was?

Given how shit they are on the pitch at the moment, I'd be quite happy if some of them didn't ever leave Saudi Arabia. 

At the end of the day (we’re just focusing on the next game and the three points), none of us were in that situation so can’t really comment that much.

Imagine you were stranded in the human rights utopia that is Saudi Arabia and had no information and wanted to alert people to the situation quickly, then love it or loathe it, social media is the quickest and most effective way of doing that.

6 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I never thought that Seth Rollins and Pete Dunne would be the ones who toed the company line and licked boots the most, but here we are in the year of our lord 2019. Imagine John Cena coming out with even a fifth of the dumb shit that those two have spewed the past year? Woeful stuff.

Zack Gibson gave the Natalya/Evans announcement a big dirty thumbs up too and offered a load of Instagram story style live laugh love platitudes about it. Guessing in the hopes he can get big Vince down to Bootle Strand and sort out Sefton councils planning permission dept. for that wrestling school.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I'd love to see EastEnders actors kayfabe. 

And no. It's completely different. For various reasons. Kayfabe is what lets wrestling get away with being wrestling. It's part of the magic, and should never be eradicated completely. 

WWE will never be on par with conventional serials and dramas. The writing structure may as well be done by a different species. It's a different beast. 

"Known in Japan as 'Ben Mitchell IV'"

There was an Eastenders phone line that was kayfabed, once I rang it and Pauline Fowler was kayfabing the recent events with “I’m not sure if they think I don’t know this but Sue thinks Ali is a stupid Turk”

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

There was an Eastenders phone line that was kayfabed, once I rang it and Pauline Fowler was kayfabing the recent events with “I’m not sure if they think I don’t know this but Sue thinks Ali is a stupid Turk”

I contracted the AIDs virus after pressing the pound key to get through to Mark's fruit and veg stall. I didnt know you could get it over the phone.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Did they really have to book their own hotels? Surely WWE and or the flight operator would have sorted that out?

They always do, don't they? Being 'independent contractors' and all that. They have to sort their own travel and accommodation, is what I've always thought. 

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

They always do, don't they? Being 'independent contractors' and all that. They have to sort their own travel and accommodation, is what I've always thought. 

No. When they’re in America, WWE sorts their flight to the start of the loop and their flight home - so you’d fly out on the Friday morning and home on the Tuesday morning, for example. The wrestlers are responsible for sorting hotels and driving in between.

When they’re abroad, WWE sorts everything - they all stay in the same hotel, travel on the same tour bus etc. It’d be unusual for the talent to have to book their own hotel in Saudi.