HOSTAGE WATCH: WWE Stranded In Saudi

Accident Prone

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I contracted the AIDs virus after pressing the pound key to get through to Mark's fruit and veg stall. I didnt know you could get it over the phone.

Hearing Aids, ironically the silent killer.

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

No. When they’re in America, WWE sorts their flight to the start of the loop and their flight home - so you’d fly out on the Friday morning and home on the Tuesday morning, for example. The wrestlers are responsible for sorting hotels and driving in between.

When they’re abroad, WWE sorts everything - they all stay in the same hotel, travel on the same tour bus etc. It’d be unusual for the talent to have to book their own hotel in Saudi.

WWE wouldn't have booked them hotels for the night they were supposed to be on a plane home though and the reports are that they were told to check into hotels until things were sorted.

1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

WWE wouldn't have booked them hotels for the night they were supposed to be on a plane home though and the reports are that they were told to check into hotels until things were sorted.

I’d expect the WWE travel department would be on the ball in cases of unexpected delays though.

When the ash cloud kept them in Dublin or wherever for a few days, I don’t remember hearing they had to put themselves up.

1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

You can't seriously think they were all left to wander the streets of Riyadh looking for bed and breakfasts with a "Vacancies" sign in the window?

5 minutes ago, The Dart said:

You can't seriously think they were all left to wander the streets of Riyadh looking for bed and breakfasts with a "Vacancies" sign in the window?

Quite obviously not. I'd imagine the hotels immediately around the airport were able to accomodate everyone. Still the principle of the matter more than anything else.