HOSTAGE WATCH: WWE Stranded In Saudi

Accident Prone

• Paid Members

So as @Liam O'Rourkemade a quick point of this in the Crown Jewel thread, this situation is probably big enough to warrant it's own thread, so all discussion of the WWE talent being stuck in Saudi can be kept here.

Here's a quick recap from 'Big Daddy' Dave Meltzer (lashing of salt to be taken, obviously)

77764318_Annotation2019-11-01095530.jpg.0000188399891dab1c7266c3c739d58b.jpg

So, WOR just recorded a show to discuss this. I'll throw it over to Twitter's Trevor Dame (lovely lad, well worthy of a follow) for his breakdown;

And more from PWI Insider;

EIR1872X0AIMS-4.png.07b25862f5257808cebe393a3e02205d.png

Obviously this is extremely unnerving and scary, and I hope all the crew come back safe and unharmed.

Oh, this also comes after the WWE quarterly report where they mentioned difficulties with the Saudi money;

So to round-up, take it away Trev:

Edited by Accident Prone
grammar

• Paid Members

Sean Ross Sapp is reporting rumours from talent that Vince got into some kind of disagreement with the Saudis but can’t fully confirm. That could be the money thing. I’m sure it’ll get sorted. The Prince seems like a reasonable man. 

7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

That's how I'm taking it. I think the Saudi's are using the Roland Alexander School Of Payment, where they only pay up if they think you've had a good match.

Vince should owe them a fortune in refunds considering how well the matches have been since they started going there. 

• Paid Members

I'm really curious as to what Smackdown looks like tonight. Remember that RAW that got derailed due to a snow storm, and it was just video packages and hype vids and we all loved it? This has a similar feel, though they're still going to have to put something on in the arena. I'm intrigued to see what talent made that first flight. Roman, AJ and Braun I reckon. Then you have Bryan, Sami, Owens and whoever is free from NXT to fill in the gaps. 

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

They have most of the women's division available, plus Bryan, Owens and Zayn, Shane McMahon, and whoever they've managed to get out of Saudi Arabia already. They'll have been calling in favours to get some of the NXT roster flown in too, I'd have thought. I wonder if they've had The Undertaker on the phone.

You always hear stories about some of the old-timers in the back bringing their gear to every show, just in case a significant part of the roster are delayed and they need someone to fill in. I doubt it'll come to that, but I've always wondered how WWE would actually approach that - will we get a Jeff Jarrett match out of it?!

• Paid Members

I’m guessing Buddy Murphy has made it back. There was a report of one plane leaving with 20 people on board and 12 of those being talent. Buddy has tweeted “Never again...”. 

Hes on Raw now isn’t he? I guess they could just use whoever came back from both Raw and Smackdown tonight. And the women who stayed behind. Hope Cole and Graves are still stuck there. 

• Paid Members

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

You always hear stories about some of the old-timers in the back bringing their gear to every show, just in case a significant part of the roster are delayed and they need someone to fill in. I doubt it'll come to that, but I've always wondered how WWE would actually approach that - will we get a Jeff Jarrett match out of it?!

BOOK DENNIS STAMP.

EDIT: After a quick Wiki, I have just learnt that Dennis passed away a couple of years ago. Apologies.

Edited by Accident Prone

Think it's fair to say Humberto isn't feeling great about being stuck in Saudi Arabia. Looks like he's in a hotel, too, so not likely to be leaving any time soon.

EDIT: as noted below, it seems the tweet's been deleted; it was just Carillo saying he was stuck in Saudi Arabia and a video of him flat face bumping onto a bed.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Think it's fair to say Humberto isn't feeling great about being stuck in Saudi Arabia. Looks like he's in a hotel, too, so not likely to be leaving any time soon.

Well he quickly deleted that one. Probably had the WWE social media team quickly filling up his DMs. 

Edited by Accident Prone