HOSTAGE WATCH: WWE Stranded In Saudi

Accident Prone

I find it hard to take any testimony from an anonymous source seriously, especially if they're a former employee rather than a current one.   If they're telling the truth then what do they have to hind behind anonymity for?  If they're not risking their job by speaking out then why the anonymity?  If it goes to a trial or court or whatever, they're not going to be able to stay anonymous are they?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I find it hard to take any testimony from an anonymous source seriously, especially if they're a former employee rather than a current one.   If they're telling the truth then what do they have to hind behind anonymity for?  If they're not risking their job by speaking out then why the anonymity?  If it goes to a trial or court or whatever, they're not going to be able to stay anonymous are they?

Possibility of not being able to pay them off or threaten them in any way for testifying? 

As stupid as it sounds, it could simply be a case of ensuring friends still within the company aren't targeted in any way by being associated with such names? As we've worked out here it could be any of a number of names. Without the knowledge of who WWE is unable to do very little to respond in any spiteful or aggressive manner. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I find it hard to take any testimony from an anonymous source seriously

Good job you're nothing to do with the legal process then.

Speculation is pointless. It's almost always completely biased whether be those who make a living from bashing WWE incessantly or those who'd clean Vince's arsehole with their tongue.

Keeping key witnesses of a fraud is pretty common in financial services. Protects the person from any negative bias impact on them seeking employment in the future 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, The Dart said:

I find it hard to take any testimony from an anonymous source seriously, especially if they're a former employee rather than a current one.   If they're telling the truth then what do they have to hind behind anonymity for? 

You are aware that Vince is an absolute nutcase, aren't you? And that McDevitt is not known for playing nicely?

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

You are aware that Vince is an absolute nutcase, aren't you? And that McDevitt is not known for playing nicely?

Listening to the Lapsed Fan "Trial of His Life" episodes really put Jerry McDevitt in the spotlight and he's a nasty character.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

Often wonder how useful McDevitt actually is as a lawyer, like how hard is it to defend against people the company you're defending fucked up beyond repair? Does he take any other cases or just WWE vs Big Vito level shite?

I'm absolutely certain Vinnie Mac pays him enough that he certainly doesnt need to take more cases. 

9 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Listening to the Lapsed Fan "Trial of His Life" episodes really put Jerry McDevitt in the spotlight and he's a nasty character.

Just scrolled through the podcast looking at their episodes. Trial Of His Life seems like a big commitment of time and potential for zoning out, but I understand that maybe there's a lot to cover...

...but how can they talk about Summerslam 2005 for nine hours?!?