Edge has been medically cleared to wrestle again.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I pretty much hated Edge throughout the 2000s when he was pushed as a main event level act, I never thought he looked like a top guy and of course he had the worst spear ever. In the years since his retirement standards have fallen so far that if he was to return I'd have no problem accepting him as the top man of the whole promotion.

• Paid Members

You knew something was up when he posted this photo. Saudi shape if I ever saw it!

image.png.2ca5befe8da9245cbd32c5ad12f2f61a.png

I loved Edge, but even I have to admit to not really missing him or being particularly excited about a comeback. I can't even think of anyone I'd want him to feud with.

58 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Didn’t he quit his podcast as well? Maybe someone put two and two together and got five. 

Sounds like it.

He explained the reason he couldn’t commit to the podcast anymore is because his wife is now working in Florida every week so he has to be a full-time Dad.

That being said, a family trip to Saudi Arabia might be worthwhile if Daddy gets half a million or so for doing a couple of spots.

When I read this last night, I thought "he's coming out at the end of Smackdown".  But he didn't, and thinking about it more this story smells like bullshit.  He had fusion surgery, I can't see what miracle would suddenly make that ok.

I'd be really uncomfortable with an Edge comeback. The guy had a Hall of Fame career, done everything there is to do and even with a life threatening injury managed to go out on a high.

Why risk everything? He's nothing to prove and nothing to gain.

From the first time I saw him, as angsty proto vampire Edge, he was one of my favourites. In terms of watching a guys career with all it's ups and downs, Edge's transition from that to Adam Copeland, middling TV actor, amiable podcaster and chill family man has been pretty uplifting ultimately.

I struggle to think of anyone I want to see come back less.