Edge has been medically cleared to wrestle again.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I find the fact that Shawn came back for a shitty money match in front of a dead crowd in Saudi Arabia after almost a decade of promising that he was staying retired and someone trying to deny/forget that monstrosity ever happened to be hilarious. That's just me though.

• Paid Members

I liked Edge as a top heel, he was a commendable bastard. Plus his “ultimate opportunist” thing was REALLY played up to, unlike a lot of his peers’ meaningless sound bite nicknames. He forged a brilliant catalogue of winning titles through briefcase ex machina , stealing pins in triple threat matches, unexpected run ins, distractions, turns, inserting himself into matches he wasn’t booked in or being inserted by an authority figure. Far more developed than whatever “Apex Predator” was meant to mean for instance.

He looked awful during his final stretch (understandable considering the health he was in) and I reckoned he probably got out at the right time to not piss all over his legacy. He looks in great nick these days though, so I wouldn't be opposed to a short comeback run. May as well get Lita back too if she's still presentable, his best run was when they were proper bastards. Feuds with Flair and Cena were tops.

I don't think he'd be the type to take the Saudi blood money either honestly. Seems to have a head on his shoulders.

Part of what made Edge such an excellent heel was that the whole Ultimate Opportunist wasn't just played up to as air_raid notes above, but it was true. Got a world title? He'll cheat to win it off you. Off the road injured? He'll shag your missus and you'll get fired. For me, the main reason his persona worked was because he wasn't just playing a sleazy bastard, he really was a sleazy bastard.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, The King of Old School said:

Or faces Seth at Wrestlemania in what WWE would promote as a "dream match".

On 10/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, Grecian said:

Part of what made Edge such an excellent heel was that the whole Ultimate Opportunist wasn't just played up to as air_raid notes above, but it was true. Got a world title? He'll cheat to win it off you. Off the road injured? He'll shag your missus and you'll get fired. For me, the main reason his persona worked was because he wasn't just playing a sleazy bastard, he really was a sleazy bastard.

I've quoted both posts as this could have been a dream match if Seth was still the architect, Seth at one point had it going for him in outsmarting and being ahead of the curve so to speak, almost like Edge did.