Edge has been medically cleared to wrestle again.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

I don't literally care

You literally don't care, rather than don't literally care, isn't it? What you said implies you do care and any impression of not caring isn't to be taken literally.

I thought edge was mostly amazing from his MITB win through to his face run with Jericho but outside that was a solid but inspiring hand. He was never a good face but as a heel was always a good utility guy to fall back on or nip in and out of the top flight. That said he has no nostalgia for me and was never a big enough name to be a returning icon so I'm glad he's not coming back as I can't imagine it really working that well.

Edited by Tommy!

Another one of those where your initial reaction is excitement but when you really think about it, it’s just something that wouldn’t actually be that great. 45 and been out the game for over 8 years. I’d imagine this return would be more Shawn Michaels in Saudi Arabia than Goldberg at Survivor Series. He’d be an entrance pop and that’s it. 

• Paid Members

Edge was excellent. Not all-time great like Cena but very, very good. Some serious revisionism going on unchallenged in here.

He generally underwhelmed as a babyface and some of his worst stuff was his returns from injury, when post-HHH everyone returned as a face. It just never suited him at all. As a heel, he was brilliant with Christian and even better after he fucked Matt Hardy's lass and got pushed to the moon as a slimy bastard. Became a very good promo and had some incredible highlight reel moments and matches involving Cena and taker especially.

I think he suffered from the general impression that wrestling went downhill post 2001 in an era when very few guys ever felt like top stars. Similar to Jericho. He had a load of world title runs but again, that era of two belts hurt the credibility of those runs, despite the quality in matches an interviews and opponents.

If he came along now, with his size, ability, heel character and interviews, he'd be the best thing since sliced bread, I'm absolutley sure. No "top star" made these days is close to his level.

He had the best years of his career with a neck held together with sellotape an' all.

• Paid Members

I'm with Supremo on this, in that I thought Edge was fantastic for a few years between 2008 and when he retired, but I can't say I'm too arsed about him returning.

For me, he's just as synonymous with wrestling, when I started watching again, as Cena and Batista. Obviously they are both bigger stars, but Edge was generally always floating about the main event and doing good work. His 2008 feud with Undertaker is one of the few times in the past 10 years or so I've given a care about anything Undertaker has done outside his streak.

Just a solid pro that was about as reliable as anyone they've ever had. Good promo on his day, but I don't think Edge gets nearly enough credit for the consistently good matches he had while on top - a symptom of being over shadowed by much bigger stars, I suppose. 

Rick put it pretty perfectly there. Selfishly, I’d love to have him back as I rate him a hell of a lot more than a lot of guys around these days, good chance he’d feel like a real star a level up from much of the roster too and be useful in bringing others up a notch. And the current shape he’s in. A big hyped up WrestleMania return match could be lovely stuff. Imagine I’d enjoy him working with Reigns, Danny Bryan, Brock, Bray, Styles, Balor, Rollins.

But, he did just about everything in his career and although his retirement was forced upon him he’s always seemed completely content with it and settled into retirement life nicely, started a family and generally seems happy in life and also seems like a quality bloke. Selfishly I’d probably enjoy a return, but I wouldn’t want him to risk it.