The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Proper shit, hope he's back soon. You can sort of rotate Best Friends all about anyway. OC is always still established.

Speaking of them, has anyone seen this. A BTE supercut of the Best Friends being unable to think of skits for the show and end up falling into planning a murder. The humour is weird and I really enjoy it. They all bring a really quirky off-beat edge to everything.

I cannot wait until next week when things get back on schedule and return to some normalcy. I think AEW were really onto something before the world went tits up. It's easy to forget how nicely things were coming together pre-pandemic. Those early 2020 shows in the build to Revolution were some of the best wrestling TV in decades. If they can get back to something near that then we're all good. I'm so fucking excited to hear them electric crowds again.

What the hell happened to Trent then? Has he been hurting since he returned at Arcade Anarchy? I've shat on them for ages but even I've come round on Best Friends a bit. I don't know if it's the addition of Pixies or if it's just Statlander, but I was just starting to warm to them. Just good mates having fun.

I feel like there was a spot not long ago where Trent took a weird fall...and I can't remember what it was, but he had a strange look on his face, I feel like he was on the outside when it happened. Either way, that's a shame, this next few months would probably be the peak of his career usefulness, returning to crowds with a good midcard act and a cool song. 

Isn’t neck fusion now more of the Angle surgery that has you back quick, than the Austin/edge year away operations? Trent is someone that could have done with them doing a g1 type tournament to have more matches against a variety of opponents, as he can go when pushed to do so 

• Paid Members

Fantastic main event. The low key build was right here because JB wasn't winning. I would have liked him to win because Kenny isn't for me but it wasn't happening. 

Good build throughout for the next couple of Dynamites. Both feel pretty consequential now. Great promo work all over the show. Pillman Jr continues to improve rapidly.

47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The low key build was right here because JB wasn't winning.

At the same time, this match felt massive as soon as the bell rang. As the match went on, I really believed that JB could win. Surely he’ll be the one to take the TNT belt from Miro, eventually? What a moment that will be, if indeed it happens. His inevitable feud with Christian should be a lot of fun too.

All in all, that was a tremendous show, and even Vickie Guerrero wasn’t too overbearing. Is Andrade about to get a tag partner? I’m not sure why they’d line him up against Sydal otherwise. 

They’ve even got me interested in Pinnacle/Inner Circle again, much against the odds. I thought that Konnan angle was tremendous, and I hope he sticks around. It’s easy to forget how brilliant that guy is on the mic. Heck, even though there’s a bit of a gimmick clash, he could work incredibly well as Andrade’s mouthpiece.

The next few weeks of Dynamite sound like they’ll be a lot of fun. Well, outside of the Cody/QT rematch.

The great thing about Dynamite is that they have guys you genuinely believe will be megastars in a year or two. They're not quite there yet but the crowds love them and are enthusiastic about their journeys. It's something WWE sorely lacks because you rarely believe they'll get behind any of the mid card people and follow through on their potential. The talent has never been the problem and I think both companies have exceptional rosters. Unfortunately there's only one you believe realises what they've got.

13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The great thing about Dynamite is that they have guys you genuinely believe will be megastars in a year or two. They're not quite there yet but the crowds love them and are enthusiastic about their journeys. It's something WWE sorely lacks because you rarely believe they'll get behind any of the mid card people and follow through on their potential. The talent has never been the problem and I think both companies have exceptional rosters. Unfortunately there's only one you believe realises what they've got.

Absolutely true, but one of the things I’m really finding myself starting to enjoy in AEW is watching the people who could be megastars - the wrestlers whose rise feels possible, rather than inevitable. Those moments where someone does or says something that makes you realise that there may be something there…

Take Pillman Jr last night - I enjoy the Varsity Blondes, but that short (but effective) promo left me believing not only in his ability, but also that he may actually be something of consequence one day. That kind of thing happens all the time in AEW, and I love it. The roster is incredibly deep, and it feels like you just can’t predict who will be their next breakout performer. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

All in all, that was a tremendous show, and even Vickie Guerrero wasn’t too overbearing. Is Andrade about to get a tag partner? I’m not sure why they’d line him up against Sydal otherwise. 

More Matt than Mike. The Andrade bit was basically a bit on the classic two wrestlers bump into each other in the aisle angle. Vickie and Andrade come out, unplanned, so the show just carries on. Sydal cuts them off, Andrade's first match. Not his first feud. But Sydal will be like his debut. 

Just a set-up for a singles match. Andrade won't have a partner. Have you seen Mike Sydal. Bottom of the roster. 

Edited by Chili

I love Eddie but yeah I just want them to get on with their own shit. Do what WWE do and basically don't even acknowledge they exist. There's no point. They don't need it. Their strengths are obvious without needing to refer to elsewhere. Just deliver the better product. That's all you need to do.

Omega and Jungle Boy was class. Got to be honest, when I saw the Christian pumping up Jungle Boy bit, the old cynic in me thought "Christian is costing Jungle the match here". Christian is probs turning on Jungle down the line though I'm guessing. 

That Duante sunset flip with the sunset in the background 😍

Konnan and Tully segment was great. The Konnan line about Tully needing to learn Spanish to communicate with his grandkids was great. Konnan is a madman to be taking a spike piledriver in his condition. Really excited for FTR vs Ortiz and Santana.