uklaw Posted June 28, 2021 Posted June 28, 2021 (edited) 50 minutes ago, Chili said: I just found out Jungle Boy is dating Anna Jay because of course he is, the absolute champ of a man. He’s got great hair and is extremely handsome. Of course he’s winning. Good for them. Maybe they can help each other with their promos… ? Edited June 28, 2021 by uklaw
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 29, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2021 Glad to see some Nick Jackson love. He’s been a blast since turning heel. The clobber. The whacky mannerisms. The daft faces to the camera. What a wildly entertaining dickhead. I don’t think there’s anyone in pro-wrestling right now who looks to be having as much fun as he does acting like a tit. With each passing week he seems to be getting more and more ridiculous during his entrances and seems closer and closer to flat-out corpsing. I love it.
RedRooster Posted June 30, 2021 Posted June 30, 2021 On 6/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, Merzbow said: Eddie is the most unlikely company spokesperson but it works, but a little less WWE bashing please. It's cringe. I don't mind this at all, and, frankly, the "we are AEW, we will see you Wednesday and we want to hear you" line was utterly brilliant. Eddie does this with a sincerity, and it really works for me. He calls Jungle Boy the future, while essentially pointing out that he may not have got a chance elsewhere. He points out that he wouldn't have had this opportunity elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional jab at WWE, especially when it's from the heart, and well done like this. After that fantastic match, given that they're back on their usual night next week, making a statement like that, and showing genuine passion in the way that he did, feels kinda appropriate Bloody weird seeing Penta without his facepaint, though.
Guest Posted June 30, 2021 Posted June 30, 2021 Kingston’s Brodie speech got brought up on wrestling daft podcast this week as Grado interviewed Colt. They joked about how Kingston had been in the company about 5 mins and doing the locker room leader speeches. Grado was saying he does it all the time when both in TNA. The guys not shy is he haha
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted June 30, 2021 Posted June 30, 2021 Not the worst thing though to have someone so forward and able to say 'send me out there to do a promo' and everyone is happy to let him. He'd be the sort of person you'd want alongside you when you're in dire straights I reckon. Top mouthpiece
DavidB6937 Posted June 30, 2021 Posted June 30, 2021 Plus that genuine determination and passion for the business is something you want to be filtered down to the rest of a roster. If I was working with him I'd damn well believe I was capable of anything and working for the best company in the world if he told me as such. He's a guy that loves what he does. He aint there for the money. If he can't get the best out of you then no one will.
BrodyGraham Posted June 30, 2021 Posted June 30, 2021 Do you know who should have a podcast? Eddie Kingston. Do you know who just dropped his new, deathly dull podcast? Cody Rhodes. I'm into a lot of the same stuff as Cody, but listening to him talk about it makes me wish I wasn't. And I do hope it's damaged.
The King Of Swing Posted June 30, 2021 Posted June 30, 2021 As grating as it can be if anyone can have a dig at WWE and not sound like a dick it's Kingston.
Chili Posted June 30, 2021 Posted June 30, 2021 (edited) Some of the content is a bit too cute for me, but also they are young characters too. I kind of get it's two rather arrogant characters so they would be petty. Tony's drop in cameo though ❤️ Edited June 30, 2021 by Chili
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 30, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2021 (edited) Howling at Schiavone's cameo. Agreed about the terrible tone though. I was really looking forward to this match and the basic, canon storyline was more than enough. They didn't need to go all smarky and start talking about pushes, movesets and the quality of television segments. Really disappointing. Regarding Kingston slagging off WWE; I originally didn’t have an opinion one way or another. But now that Sulky Ray has come out to criticise it I’ve decided I’m a huge supporter and I hope Eddie does it after every show for the rest of the year. Edited June 30, 2021 by Supremo
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted July 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 1, 2021 Great main event, really good Miro/Pillman match, fun opener, fantastic video package to highlight the end of their shows before they go back on the road. 10 seconds left "nothing like a WWE Dynamite" They were so close.
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 1, 2021 Oh my God. They’re going to pull the trigger on Adam Page at the PPV, aren’t they? He’s going to kick out of the One Winged Angel. He’s going to knock Kenny’s head off. He’s going to raise the belt with Dark Order carrying him on their shoulders. I’m so fucking excited. Let’s go Hangman!
DavidB6937 Posted July 1, 2021 Posted July 1, 2021 And JR will bah gawd Page is the WWE champion and we'll all laugh through our tears.
Paid Members Lenin Posted July 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 1, 2021 Page as champion would be glorious but would likely end in Cody taking the belt from him. Based on nothing but a horrible feeling that the longer he's not doing anything worthwhile, the more likely he is to be elevated up the card.
Recommended Posts