The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

They have to transition him to Kenny Omega over the summer. He needs to cut some more promos about the importance of the World Title.

I'm really disappointed that they're opting to go with Cassidy or Pac at the PPV rather than Kingston, and I hope they get there eventually. I'd like to see Kingston try and fail to win the title against champion after champion, before eventually, finally winning the belt - but not for a long time.

I want to be clamouring for that title win, I want to have the same emotional payoff as I will when Hangman wins the belt, and I did when Bryan and Guerrero became WWE Champion. I want to get goosebumps, and feel emotional myself watching Kingston take in the magnitude of what he's achieved, I want to hear what he'd say during his first promo as AEW champion. 

Kingston has the ability to take you on an emotional journey in a way that very few other wrestlers can - I hope AEW lets us all follow this journey to its conclusion. 

• Paid Members

I’ve always suspected the original plan was Kingston vs. Omega but anyone with eyes and ears could sense the chemistry the moment Mox and Kingston cut that first promo together. They’d have been crazy to ignore that. I’m more than happy for Kingston and Mox to go for the Tag belts first before Kingston chases Omega in the upcoming months.

Im not sure if this has been posted already but it’s top trolling from Omega. Dry your eyes, Bully Ray. He’s wearing the belts now.

318048A9-903C-44D4-B1B4-1770CBDCEEF8.thumb.jpeg.88cbb3d5dff66e46ed24afb0204ee303.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

As much as I would love to see Kingston as champion one day, and won't complain one bit if we get it, I think part of the beauty of King's character in AEW is that he comes across as someone who knows that he likely missed his shot at the big time. He had a chip on his shoulder about it, but knew there wasn't much he could do about it, so started to try and live vicariously through others - the Lucha Bros and Butcher & The Blade. As a babyface that's pivoted to him realising that he might never get that big shot, but he's not going to let The Elite rob it from Jon Moxley as well. It feels very genuine, and the combination of Kingston's all-time great promo skills and his great chemistry with Moxley make it work without making Eddie seem like an irrelevance. He's being used sort of how I wish Dustin Rhodes was used in relation to Cody - backing him up, fighting alongside him, but knowing that it's the younger man's fight at the end of the day.

Edited by BomberPat

Probably an unpopular opinion but I actually like Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky, just a pair of total dick heads. 

Sure I wasn't a fan of how they were just thrown together but I'm enjoying their work.

Shame it's never been properly addressed by SCU that I'm aware of.

And yes Eddie Kingston is the fucking man. 

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I actually like Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky, just a pair of total dick heads. 

Sure I wasn't a fan of how they were just thrown together but I'm enjoying their work.

Shame it's never been properly addressed by SCU that I'm aware of.

And yes Eddie Kingston is the fucking man. 

I'm a fan of Page, not so much Sky. Sky still talks like he's pretending to be wrestler, Page just comes off as a proper prick.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Remember that brutal German suplex Ricky Starks took a few weeks back? Well he cracked his neck and is on the shelf for 3 months the poor sod.

It was a botch rather then brutal suplex though.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Remember that brutal German suplex Ricky Starks took a few weeks back? Well he cracked his neck and is on the shelf for 3 months the poor sod.

Awful setback for one of AEW’s hottest prospects, and I hope the Team Taz breakup story will be shelved until he comes back. Wouldn’t be the same if the big blowoff ends up being Brian Cage against Hobbs.

I remember at the time when that suplex happened, it was a rare occasion that Starks made what I thought was a bad choice.
It was clearly a bad bump and I thought he should have sold it as such, but as it wasn’t supposed to happen he popped up from breaking his neck and went back on offence! 

There's plenty of options for Ricky on-screen but out of the ring. He was fine between the ropes but his big asset is his ability to talk, so they'd be daft to sideline him entirely when he can still provide so much in a speaking role. It's another instance of the potential likely being better than the execution though. The Team Taz in-fighting could extend to involve Starks and Cage, the original members, vs Taz and newbie Hobbs, with Hook caught in the middle. And then there's the further interest in that pairing further down the line, in that Cage put down Hangman, the man who took Starks out of action. Plus there's always jokes to be had of Starks trying to do his Michael Jackson pose in a neck-brace and getting stuck.

I give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to shrugging off the bump. I took my share of bad bumps in the past that I knew where bad but felt I'd styled it out, especially when after the impact you end up in a kneeling or standing position. Then it was usually a case of icing up for a day and feeling right as rain. That's as a weekend warrior though.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

If anybody can make something of being out of action and cutting entertaining promos in a neck brace it's Ricky Starks.

No one gave many shits about a young Randal Orton until he started doing his RNN skits while out injured.