The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

The wrestling industry by its nature is paranoid. I read stories that Vince thought FOX would cancel Smackdown if they didn't keep running so I can buy Tony and AEW thinking that TNT would cancel them if they didn't air new programming. 

It is not paranoia. There will be a set amount of new content that needs to be delivered as per the terms of a contract. It maybe 52 weeks, 48 weeks who knows outside of the people involved in the contract negotiations. For example there was "alleged" a clause in the Fox deal which if Smackdown did not hit the agreed ratings average, they could be moved from Fox to Fox Sports. So yes, there are reasons why these companies were doing all they legally could to film content while their rivals, without big money TV Deals, didn't need to.

• Paid Members

This discussion is interminable.

Look lads, do we think Miro is squashing Darby and winning the belt or what? And does this lead to Sting and Darby vs. Scorpio and that other lad at the PPV? Can Sting even do a proper match in the ring or are we gonna get another cinematic masterpiece?

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

I watched the show form ITV this week, chuffing ad breaks and they kept the match going so it went straight to Hagar and missed Wardlows entry then after final ad break MJF is on top of the cage with no explination. Is the full match on the downloadable version anyone?

The full match is on the Fite version. You mainly missed Jericho mugging to the audience while halfway up because he had to kill time. 

15 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Look lads, do we think Miro is squashing Darby and winning the belt or what? And does this lead to Sting and Darby vs. Scorpio and that other lad at the PPV? Can Sting even do a proper match in the ring or are we gonna get another cinematic masterpiece?

I'm in two minds about the Miro thing. He should definitely be the one to dethrone Darby and he's becoming the monster he should be, but is it too soon? Can he take some sort of loss which makes him even angrier? I'm just not sure if it's the time to pull the trigger quite yet but obviously it's always a fine line between too soon and dragging it out forever. I wouldn't be shocked to see him win but a questionable loss leading to him beating up Sting and baiting Darby into a rematch works for me too.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I think the Lance Archer aspect has to be a part of this too. He seems to want to protect Sting from harm so could see him getting involved. 

Personally I'm happy with either a Miro or Allin win as both are great. Miro losing via messed up Kip interference or something leading to him going even more mental would be fun. My prediction is Allin turns up injured and in bandages from the stair fall and Miro murders him, leading to Darby getting healthy and building up to a rematch. 

Scorpio and Ethan Page are really shite so whatever they have planned for them hopefully it's a quick loss.

Going by his brawls on Dynamite you feel like he could probably have a proper match as long as he's careful and doesn't take more than a few bumps. I'm not sure I want to see him in another cinematic match so soon after the last one. Plus there's no way a match with Sky/Page will be as good as one with Team Taz. Perhaps a 6 man with Miro and Archer thrown in?

• Paid Members

I know AEW "don't do disqualifications", but I could get behind Miro getting himself disqualified through being too aggressive - beating Darby in the ropes, or having the decision reversed because he refuses to break his submission hold after the bell. As far as I can recall that kind of Dusty Finish hasn't been done in AEW yet, and I think Miro can pull it off making him seem more dangerous rather than making it feel like a screwy finish. 

Otherwise, it could be as simple as Scorpio & Page getting involved, but I think that risks weakening Miro and making it seem like he needs help. If it weren't too similar to the idea behind the Blood & Guts finish, I could see Darby getting distracted by Scorpio & Page assaulting Sting and him putting Sting's wellbeing ahead of his title defence.

• Paid Members
Just now, BomberPat said:

Otherwise, it could be as simple as Scorpio & Page getting involved, but I think that risks weakening Miro and making it seem like he needs help. If it weren't too similar to the idea behind the Blood & Guts finish, I could see Darby getting distracted by Scorpio & Page assaulting Sting and him putting Sting's wellbeing ahead of his title defence.

Surely Darby just takes the match rather than forfeiting despite being completely banged up and loses. Then goes off to batter the other two for their part in it.

• Paid Members

Allin winning via tricking Miro into being counted out or something would be a good finish. Showing Allins craftiness and Miro going absolutely mental in anger and embarrassment but also protected by not being pinned.

• Paid Members

It is not time for Allin to lose. Miro is definitely someone who should dethrone him, but not for a little while yet. I think the count out option works really well. Then have a few months of Miro destroying people demanding a re-match. 

As to the Sting question, I think cinematic matches are the way to go.

38 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Not so arsed about the tag match, but I really, really want the end result of this to be Miro vs. Lance Archer. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Surely Darby just takes the match rather than forfeiting despite being completely banged up and loses. Then goes off to batter the other two for their part in it.

I hope that's at least an element of it, but I've not seen AEW really do that week-to-week selling to such an extent yet. I imagine we'll have the announcers reminding us that Darby got battered last week, but it not really change the pace of the match too drastically - unless we do just get an absolute squash.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I hope that's at least an element of it, but I've not seen AEW really do that week-to-week selling to such an extent yet. I imagine we'll have the announcers reminding us that Darby got battered last week, but it not really change the pace of the match too drastically - unless we do just get an absolute squash.

They played up the forfeit element so I'd be very surprised if they don't use that to affect the title change. Unless it's a double bluff to really put Darby over. I can't see them doing a non-finish and there's no way Miro loses, surely?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

The full match is on the Fite version. You mainly missed Jericho mugging to the audience while halfway up because he had to kill time. 

I’m still not convinced he wasn’t just catching his breath. Fucker looked old amongst the rest of those studs.

I agree that it’s too soon for Darby to lose the belt but I feel like he has to lose now that he took that mental bump down the stairs. You can’t do something like that and not play on it the following week.

I’m suspecting Miro kills an obviously injured Allin, wins the belt and at the PPV we get Allin and Sting vs. Scorpio and Ethan in a tag and Miro vs. Archer for the Title. Big meaty men slapping meat!

My hope is that they’re taking the TNT title off Darby because they recognise he’s an actual star now who should be going for the Heavyweight belt. He can always go back to challenging Miro once he’s had what I suspect would be an amazing match with Omega. Have they wrestled in AEW yet?

For the Sting tag match, I like the idea of  them doing a Backlot Brawl/Boiler Room Brawl style hybrid, where they record the majority of it earlier and then the guys end up in the ring for the final few bumps. The way they’ve been brawling at the top of the arena suggests that’s where they’d likely start.

I wouldn’t be against them doing a Tag Team Stadium Stampede match though. Darby did such a good job directing and editing that last cinematic match I reckon he could create gold in the stadium, provided he didn’t kill himself jumping off the roof or something.

Edited by Supremo

40 minutes ago, Supremo said:

My hope is that they’re taking the TNT title off Darby because they recognise he’s an actual star now who should be going for the Heavyweight belt. He can always go back to challenging Miro once he’s had what I suspect would be an amazing match with Omega. Have they wrestled in AEW yet?

According to Cagematch, they've never wrestled anywhere. 

I strongly suspect this is why they're doing it in the first place. Darby is one of the most credible challengers Omega could face right now, and frankly, that match on PPV would feel far bigger than anything they can offer as a title match outside of Omega/Page and (arguably) Omega/Cody. Darby feels like a huge star for the company, and if he goes into the match with enough momentum there would be enough doubt about the outcome for the match itself to be absolutely thrilling.