Jonny Vegas Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 3 hours ago, Nick James said: This seems like a rather strange criticism to lobby about. I get that it is probably a traditional thing that the champion should carry the belt, but doesn't Nakazawa carrying the Impact and AAA titles play 100% into his character? Surely the Omega character sees the AEW belt as his main focus and the other belts are just souvenirs that he not all that bothered about? I hardly see Impact management seeing it as a diss when the Two Tonys have been slating Impact for months now. Boxers and MMA fighters routinely have friends or celebrities carry their belts to the ring/octagon as part of their entourage before fights. Its an absolute nothing of a point.
Chili Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 Just some old lads being marks and working the rounds innit. If Bully Ray gets an Impact match then good hustle. He's still a proper shit isn't he?
Liam O'Rourke Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 This is the same guy that used to wear his WWF Tag Title belt in the airport, though.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2021 I like and mostly agree with Bully Ray's opinions on Busted Open Radio but the stuff he criticizes or tells wrestlers that they should do he never fucking did when he was an active wrestler.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2021 28 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I like and mostly agree with Bully Ray's opinions on Busted Open Radio but the stuff he criticizes or tells wrestlers that they should do he never fucking did when he was an active wrestler. Yeh, he's a bit of an Al Snow in that regard. One thing that did stand out for me was how he used to wear his tag belt around his neck when the Dudleyz were still doing the unhinged yobs gimmick in WWE. Don't think I've ever seen anyone do it before or since.
Tsurutagun Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 (edited) Isn't one of the bigwigs at Impact Don Callis? I'm sure he hasn't got a problem considering he's at AEW every week Edited May 7, 2021 by Tsurutagun
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2021 1 hour ago, Carbomb said: Yeh, he's a bit of an Al Snow in that regard. One thing that did stand out for me was how he used to wear his tag belt around his neck when the Dudleyz were still doing the unhinged yobs gimmick in WWE. Don't think I've ever seen anyone do it before or since. I loved the tag belt around the neck, it stood out and was great. It did always make me think he was just mad fat in the gut as well.
Chili Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 (edited) The belt around the neck was a great idea tbh. I've always liked Bubba the wrestler but I can't remember who said the Dudleyz backstage were basically a chill cool dude an an arse only the cool one tolerated. Edited May 7, 2021 by Chili
Merzbow Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 Are a lot of Bully Ray's opinions actually his opinions or just talking points for the radio show? Gotta keep on working, innit.
Kamaras-Tash Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 Booker T's got a fucking cheek as well I dread to think how much he bled TNA of money wise to just mess about and take the piss
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2021 3 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said: Booker T's got a fucking cheek as well I dread to think how much he bled TNA of money wise to just mess about and take the piss I like Booker, but his TNA run was ultra-meh. They even made the Legends title just for him! A testament to how little that belt was worth by the end was how it became the Global/Television/King Of The Mountain championship.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2021 First mention of an AEW wrestler in a hip hop song. Really cool.
Merzbow Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 Jpegmafia beat them to it, Darby Allin is mentioned in Bald. But they are friends in real life.
Members SuperBacon Posted May 7, 2021 Members Posted May 7, 2021 3 hours ago, Merzbow said: Jpegmafia beat them to it, Darby Allin is mentioned in Bald. But they are friends in real life. Kenny Omega has been referenced a LOT, but I'm not counting it as he is one of the uncoolest people ever.
Paid Members quote the raven Posted May 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 8, 2021 Just a shocking idea but when appearing on an AEW show should omega not be carrying that belt? When he’s on impact I’d guess he will carry that belt and so on.
Recommended Posts