The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

This seems like a rather strange criticism to lobby about. I get that it is probably a traditional thing that the champion should carry the belt, but doesn't Nakazawa carrying the Impact and AAA titles play 100% into his character? Surely the Omega character sees the AEW belt as his main focus and the other belts are just souvenirs that he not all that bothered about? I hardly see Impact management seeing it as a diss when the Two Tonys have been slating Impact for months now.

image.png.90070be89e10811d63fab661617ddc3b.png 

Boxers and MMA fighters routinely have friends or celebrities carry their belts to the ring/octagon as part of their entourage before fights. Its an absolute nothing of a point.

• Paid Members

I like and mostly agree with Bully Ray's opinions on Busted Open Radio but the stuff he criticizes or tells wrestlers that they should do he never fucking did when he was an active wrestler.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I like and mostly agree with Bully Ray's opinions on Busted Open Radio but the stuff he criticizes or tells wrestlers that they should do he never fucking did when he was an active wrestler.

Yeh, he's a bit of an Al Snow in that regard.

One thing that did stand out for me was how he used to wear his tag belt around his neck when the Dudleyz were still doing the unhinged yobs gimmick in WWE. Don't think I've ever seen anyone do it before or since.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Yeh, he's a bit of an Al Snow in that regard.

One thing that did stand out for me was how he used to wear his tag belt around his neck when the Dudleyz were still doing the unhinged yobs gimmick in WWE. Don't think I've ever seen anyone do it before or since.

I loved the tag belt around the neck, it stood out and was great. 

It did always make me think he was just mad fat in the gut as well.

The belt around the neck was a great idea tbh. I've always liked Bubba the wrestler but I can't remember who said the Dudleyz backstage were basically a chill cool dude an an arse only the cool one tolerated. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Booker T's got a fucking cheek as well I dread to think how much he bled TNA of money wise to just mess about and take the piss 

I like Booker, but his TNA run was ultra-meh. They even made the Legends title just for him! A testament to how little that belt was worth by the end was how it became the Global/Television/King Of The Mountain championship.

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Jpegmafia beat them to it, Darby Allin is mentioned in Bald. But they are friends in real life.

Kenny Omega has been referenced a LOT, but I'm not counting it as he is one of the uncoolest people ever.