The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Speaking of togs in that Cody segment, Cody is usually a pretty sharp dresser, but that open shirt with the suit wasn't a great look. Then out swaggers Brodie looking the business in the green suit. 

Miro seems like more of a mis-step each week. Whereas, I genuinely cannot wait for Wardlow to turn on MJF.

Someone made a good point earlier, on twitter I believe. Could MJF worm his way in to the Inner Circle, to toss Jericho out and turn him face, a la Nation of Domination?

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Miro seems like more of a mis-step each week.

I’m sure you will, but I think it’s a case of giving him time. Enough wrestlers have taken time to settle in AEW for me to not feel particularly concerned about this, Brodie Lee and the entire Dark Order being the best examples of this.

On another note, I’ve seen Cody’s promo get praised online and I can’t for the life of me understand why. His delivery is good enough, but every time he speaks it feels like he’s read another page of his thesaurus and wants to show off. 

17 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m sure you will, but I think it’s a case of giving him time. Enough wrestlers have taken time to settle in AEW for me to not feel particularly concerned about this, Brodie Lee and the entire Dark Order being the best examples of this.

On another note, I’ve seen Cody’s promo get praised online and I can’t for the life of me understand why. His delivery is good enough, but every time he speaks it feels like he’s read another page of his thesaurus and wants to show off. 

Transcendent too big of a word for you

7 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Transcendent too big of a word for you

Using punctuation too much of a task for you?

It’s not about how ‘big’ the words are, it’s the fact he often tends to throw them in sentences in a way that doesn’t sound like conversational English (talking about what his ‘retort’ would have been to Al Snow, for example).

Perhaps it’s natural for him and that’s the kind of language he uses, who’s to say? But it takes me out of it a little. 

Edited by RedRooster

53 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Billy Mitchell being in AEW has me more convinced than ever that Tony Khan reads the UKFF. I'm waiting for an obscure 90s footballer or somebody off Brookside to turn up next.

Sorry, what?

Edit: Just looked on Twitter. Not THAT Billy Mitchell. So AEW can quite frankly, fuck off.

Edited by SuperBacon
FENWICK ULTRAS

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry, what?

Edit: Just looked on Twitter. Not THAT Billy Mitchell. So AEW can quite frankly, fuck off.

Watch King of Kong and then say that. Anyone who's a fan of wrestling will tell you that Billy Mitchell is the greatest wrestling heel ever seen outside wrestling, and that UK Billy Mitchell is a camp show knock-off.

• Paid Members

Anyone else get the sense that MJF’s faction is going to end up being him stealing the Inner Circle from Jericho, with Jericho turning babyface? That was certainly the vibe I was getting from this week’s backstage angle. You have to assume Jericho has something big planned for his 30th Anniversary, so a big, heavy angle where all his mates jump ship and leave him a bloody mess would certainly fit.

Plus, ever since the Orange Cassidy feud it’s felt like there isn’t much left for him to do as a heel. You imagine he’d have a great time making all those guys stars by feuding with them, Guevara especially.

But yeah. LOL at Brandi. Belting promo from Cody. Belting pull-apart brawl between him and Brodie Lee, and then for no reason at all Brandi pulls a Teddy Hart and starts doing somersaults. Fuck off. For as consistently great as Dynamite is, she might be the shittest character in all of pro-wrestling. At least Stephanie McMahon fucks off for months at a time.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Anyone else get the sense that MJF’s faction is going to end up being him stealing the Inner Circle from Jericho, with Jericho turning babyface? That was certainly the vibe I was getting from this week’s backstage angle. You have to assume Jericho has something big planned for his 30th Anniversary, so a big, heavy angle where all his mates jump ship and leave him a bloody mess would certainly fit.

Think someone suggested it the other day. It made me think about your recent point about whether anyone has ever turned babyface by been turned on by their mates and it actually worked. I think if anyone could pull it off, it'd be Jericho. 

The theme song and sing along is already over, the catchphrases are too. It's a little tweak to brave, grizzled vet from where he is now and dropping a bit of the arrogance and cowardice.

I don't get the feeling a turn is imminent. I think it'll be a couple of months if it happens. It needs to be. There is intrigue in what they're up to. The Sammy thing this week for example. 

More Jericho, Sammy and MJF interactions would be ace however they do it. The three of them bantering off each other this week had me on the edge of my seat. Great stuff.

Britt Baker has started to lay it in with her strikes since she returned. Best she's looked yet.

The tag matches have really upped in quality since FTR arrived. Surprised at the negativity they receive. They've given the division some much needed balance and energy, and as long as they don't overexpose the challenge gimmick they're onto a winner. They should let Tully do most of the talking for them though.

Gotta say, I'm not feeling this Elite angle at the moment. I admire the patient, 'nuanced', long term booking of it all, but it's just a drag. No real peaks and valleys or big moments to grab at. Just wishy-washy flatness. And I worry about Adam Page. He's looking like the biggest loser of the pandemic era to be honest. They had lighting in a bottle with him doing Cowboy Shit and he's been left spinning wheels far too long. Does he have the promos and the chops to easily elevate himself again? I haven't seen anything on Dynamite to suggest that he does.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash