The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

20 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I don't think they could have done a worse job with Miro's debut if they tried. What the fuck was that? He looked incredible though. Miro mixing it up with Page, Archer and Jungle Boy etc. - get it in me. This is a poor slow burn.

Miro looked incredibly awful you mean while dropping people on their heads. That was a 2003 Scott Steiner debut match.

1 hour ago, LWOLeN said:

Miro looked incredibly awful you mean while dropping people on their heads. That was a 2003 Scott Steiner debut match.

Can overlook that cos Miro fucked his leg and was working with three guys nobody can make look good. Fairly shitty spot to put him in.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Linus said:

* The whole FTR thing so far has been SO flat, despite Tully's best efforts, and I wish they'd just let them wrestle.

Enjoy your thoughts each week, Linus. This is the only one I really disagree with this week. Probably up to the last PPV, I'd have been right with you but since then, they and Tully have looked  great fit. There's merit in your last point though because they've not looked better in AEW than they did in that superb tag match that opened last week's show.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Enjoy your thoughts each week, Linus. This is the only one I really disagree with this week. Probably up to the last PPV, I'd have been right with you but since then, they and Tully have looked  great fit. There's merit in your last point though because they've not looked better in AEW than they did in that superb tag match that opened last week's show.

Cheers, man. It's more than it seems to have led to a series of awkward encounters, like the tag-team appreciation thing, and the weird Best Friends bit on this week's show. I like the idea of them making their own rules now they're champs, though, and I just want more straightforward heeling and good wrasslin' from them.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, TomJones233 said:

FTR are awful. They truly buy into that whole old school wrestling "We're so old school" shite. 

Nope. I all you have to do is watch the Jurassic Express match where Luchasauras worked like a big man with hot tags to know that FTR know exactly how to work with spot monkeys to make them shine.

Is their style even really that "old school"?

I really enjoy how they take the modern exciting style of tag team wrestling and cover it with a veneer of the classic ways. The only thing I can say I've disliked from them is the match with Kenny and Page, but that felt like there was some butting of heads or something and they just couldn't nail down what exactly they wanted to achieve between them.

FTR are a fantastic team. They understand the psychology and exactly how to put together a strong tag team match - although, as others have said, something didn't quite work on the last PPV.

Are they as good as they think they are? Debatable, but there's no question they are a very very good tag team. They're definitely not awful.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The "Speaking Spanglish" segment on BTE this week was the worst AEW related thing I've seen, the whole "haha the girl you've been sleeping with is a guy" trope is just fucking wrong.

I was half thinking that, but also gave it a pass on the basis that it's specifically Marko Stunt, who has been continually portrayed as someone everybody else finds irritating. He's about the only person on the roster that joke can work with.

But it's also a thin ice point. Because I'm not convinced Ortiz wasn't referencing Ace Ventura with the throwing up reaction.