DavidB6937 Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 40 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Tony Khan has an account here or something If he did, Dustin would be champ by now.
The King Of Swing Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 (edited) 3 hours ago, Merzbow said: Tony Khan has an account here or something, I ask for a fat bastard and I get Cruz and PUF.. shame both look more like 4chan neckbeards than monsters who'll eat you. AEW's jobbers are great tho, you had Duane Dibbley out there this week. Maybe one for the "what if?" thread but would we even have the current level of jobbers in AEW if it wasn't for the pandemic? Not that I'm complaining mind, I'm all for jobbers on b-shows. Like that they are more competitive than jobbers from yesteryear. Great way to pad out win/loss records, give lower card wrestlers some shine and even scout potential signings. Edit. Fucking hate how Excalibur calls almost every head scissor or rana that name I can't for the life of me spell. Edited September 23, 2020 by The King Of Swing
iPumaPants Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said: Edit. Fucking hate how Excalibur calls almost every head scissor or rana that name I can't for the life of me spell. Quesadilla?
Merzbow Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 Ha. It's tijeras, right? Probably because he's a former Chikara nerd that he's throwing out the Lucha names so often.
The King Of Swing Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 7 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Ha. It's tijeras, right? Probably because he's a former Chikara nerd that he's throwing out the Lucha names so often. That sounds right. He originally only used it during Riho matches I think.
Merzbow Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 Aye he did, I used to think it was a womens thing as it sounded like "Tiara"..
NavigatorFan Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 I don't usually watch the women's matches. Don't know whether it's because I'm gay or the way I was brought up but I find no enjoyment in watching women fight each other. Thought I'd give it a try on the 1 hour version, just because I wanted a full hours entertainment. Boy was I wrong.... That was just bad, sloppy, nonsensical wrestling. Even a paint by numbers match should be better. I know this is contriversial but maybe AEW should get rid of the division until they are established and can put some proper focus on it. Saw someone post that they absolutely have to have this division in 2020 but I disagree. If it is constantly the worst part of the show (and I'm going on what I read here as I always FF it) then maybe leave it off until you have the time to make it a highlight of the show.
Guest Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 Archer out with Covid, Moxley in a title match instead tonight
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2020 5 minutes ago, Louch said: Archer out with Covid, Moxley in a title match instead tonight Kingston has the match. Fuck yes.
Mr Butternut Squash Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 Ahh fuck was looking forward to that tag. Moxley did a tremendous job of selling that match. Moxley vs Kingston sounds awesome but I'd love a proper feud between the two.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2020 Sucks for Archer. Kingston vs Mox is a hell of a match though and actually makes storyline sense with him not actually being eliminated from the battle royale.
iPumaPants Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 1 hour ago, Merzbow said: Ha. It's tijeras, right? Probably because he's a former Chikara nerd that he's throwing out the Lucha names so often. That's the one. What's the move that sounds like quesadilla? Quesadora? It's hard to keep up. I absolutely hate TOPE CON HIRO!!!!! etc. It's a suicide dive. Just call it a suicide dive. The TOPE CON HIRO!!!!! is so old and boring now.
iPumaPants Posted September 23, 2020 Posted September 23, 2020 (edited) 1 hour ago, Merzbow said: Sorry. Doble contribución, as our friend Excalibur might scream unnecessarily. Please delete. Edited September 23, 2020 by iPumaPants Tappy thumbs
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2020 59 minutes ago, iPumaPants said: That's the one. What's the move that sounds like quesadilla? Quesadora? It's hard to keep up. I absolutely hate TOPE CON HIRO!!!!! etc. It's a suicide dive. Just call it a suicide dive. The TOPE CON HIRO!!!!! is so old and boring now. Pescado? I always understood the Suicide Dive to be the Tope Suicida, and the Tope Con Hilo to be a flip dive to the outside.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2020 How dare a commentator use the correct/original names for these moves, rather than the Americanism/translation were used to. You grumpy bastards!
Recommended Posts