Merzbow Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 Ivelisse has a bit of a rep IIRC, plus you could see some points where she was no selling stuff with a complete lack of any emotion showing. It was a bit odd.
WyattSheepMask Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 Re: Khan - I remember the Nyla Rose segment, but thought that was a ‘during the ads on telly but shown on FiteTV’ but, so thought this may have been the first time on the regular portion of the show. That woman’s match was fucking awful
BrodyGraham Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 (edited) I disagree. Thought it was believable and solid stuff. You could tell there was a bit of needle between the two of them and it added some intrigue. Honestly I thought it was the best women's match on Dynamite since Riho got stuck in Japan. Edit. I've just seen a clip of Ivellise looking bored and totally no selling a snap mare that I hadn't noticed previously. Good on Rosa for keeping on, in all honesty. Edited September 18, 2020 by BrodyGraham
Just Some Guy Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 (edited) . Edited September 18, 2020 by Just Some Guy Ignore
Just Some Guy Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 5 hours ago, Nick James said: To be fair, who's to know Jack Tunney wasn't in shorts underneath his presidential desk? Flip flops too, maybe. Stockings & sussies I reckon.
RedRooster Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: Re: Khan - I remember the Nyla Rose segment, but thought that was a ‘during the ads on telly but shown on FiteTV’ but, so thought this may have been the first time on the regular portion of the show. That woman’s match was fucking awful I’m not sure there’s anything in modern wrestling that is as consistently unenjoyable for me as the AEW Women’s Division and it’s such as shame as there are strong individual talents in there. It’s almost impossible to imagine the women’s division in its current state headlining a Dynamite let alone a PPV and in 2020 that really is poor. I hope this isn’t a problem we’re talking about one year from now.
The Cutting Edge Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 With the women's division also been a issue I wonder if they should've held off with a title and division, instead just have "showcase" matches to get the limited roster known to the new audience. Only this AEW hasn't shown patience with, tag and secondary titles were timed well, I know they felt they needed a women's division but it should've been more natural (don't mean Brandy either)
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 18, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2020 1 hour ago, RedRooster said: I’m not sure there’s anything in modern wrestling that is as consistently unenjoyable for me as the AEW Women’s Division and it’s such as shame as there are strong individual talents in there. It’s almost impossible to imagine the women’s division in its current state headlining a Dynamite let alone a PPV and in 2020 that really is poor. I hope this isn’t a problem we’re talking about one year from now. They have got rid of Bea Priestley so it’s a step in the right direction
Merzbow Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said: They have got rid of Bea Priestley so it’s a step in the right direction Have they? I thought she was stuck outside the country like PAC.
DavidB6937 Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 Considering how well they've done with the male talent, how have they managed to mess up the womens division quite so much? Its quite strange really.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 18, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2020 However they did it, a Women's division was always going to take longer. When they started, they had a bunch of popular, marketable, recognisable wrestlers. They were all men. Personally, I think bringing in a bunch of Japanese girls was the wrong move. They needed women who can talk and who can pull off a character. A Riho or a Shida amongst a good cast would be different. A load of Japanese girls just felt like an island alone. It was a token effort. I'm not sure they're that fussed about a women's division. That might be the long and short of it. They might just be making sure there is a segment or two on each show because there absolutely has to be these days.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 18, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2020 (edited) 54 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Considering how well they've done with the male talent, how have they managed to mess up the womens division quite so much? Its quite strange really. There's no where near the number of top level available female talent that there is for men so it's not surprising really that AEW couldn't put a half decent division together. Additionally, WWE has invested massively for years to get its female roster to its current level. AEW are nowhere near that and it's unlikely to get better in the near future. I agree with tiger_rick, they just don't seem that bothered. I'm not that bothered either, the male roster is absolutely stacked and filled with guys I'd rather get TV time than any of the women on the payroll. Edited September 18, 2020 by LaGoosh
BrodyGraham Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 They've dropped the ball fairly consistently with the women and continue to do so. They brought in Nicole Savoy for the tag tournament, Savoy was in great shape and looked really good, much better than in her Mae Young/NXT appearances, and was one of the few stand outs. They signed Tay Conti. They've let a bunch of good talent go to Impact instead of snapping them up. I honestly don't see why they let Kimber Lee, Jordynne Grace, fuck even Tenille Dashwood, go that way without picking them up. They had Mercedes Martinez come out as the Joker in the Casino Battle Royale at last year's All Out, to a good pop, but let her go to NXT. There's a lot better than what they've got, but it feels like they're holding their breath for the Japanese lasses coming back.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 18, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2020 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: Have they? I thought she was stuck outside the country like PAC. Indeed
Paid Members Supremo Posted September 18, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 18, 2020 I don’t like Hangman’s tights. He looked way better in trunks.
Recommended Posts