The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members

No, he's definitely been onscreen at least once previously. 

Khan was already looking to get into the business and approached The Elite when he saw the big money and press they were making with Bullet Club shirts, BTE and All Out. Before he even met either the Bucks or Cody he was already having conversations with people in the television industry he knew about a new wrestling show and whether they'd be interested.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is that the first on-screen appearance of Tony Khan?

Genuine question - How did the Tony Khan/The Elite relationship come to be? Did they just make a lot of noise about wanting to change the business and he was the first/only person to take the bait?

He's been on screen a load of times (awkwardly congratulating Nyla Rose for one back in February) and a few other times just sort of appearing at the gorilla etc. He gets name dropped on TV all the time too but in passing if they need to announce something. Basically Jack Tunney, but he wears casual clothes so he's killing the business.

Whatever poor sod is building the AEW video game, he might as well go back to square one. Between the Stadium Stampede, Mimosa Mayhem, and now the Parking Lot Fight, the last thing I want is a straight wrestling sim. Wild brawls in crazy locations. Comedy collision detection. Special rules for each character. You've picked Trent? Here's an Orange meter that fills up when you take a kicking. Get it full and Cassidy appears out of nowhere - through a door, out of a car boot, abseiling in like a denim-clad Sting - and batters everyone. Orange Cassidy as Golden Axe potion proxy. As Cassidy himself, you have to dodge three times before your attack buttons even work.

It's stupid, but that's what AEW does to my brain at the moment. There's something joyful about those shows that make me really enjoy wrestling like I did when I first got properly into it during the Attitude Era. Big dumb fun, exciting matches, great character moments.

Will probably post more thoughts once I'm done smiling after that main event.

Edited by CavemanLynn
  • Paid Members

Apparently, Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa were shooting in their match, things were frosty back stage prior to their match and things went too far in the ring. Their tag match next week will be interesting. 

49 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Apparently, Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa were shooting in their match, things were frosty back stage prior to their match and things went too far in the ring. Their tag match next week will be interesting. 

If that's the case then they've had two weeks to cool off

I disagree. Thought it was believable and solid stuff. You could tell there was a bit of needle between the two of them and it added some intrigue. Honestly I thought it was the best women's match on Dynamite since Riho got stuck in Japan.

Edit. I've just seen a clip of Ivellise looking bored and totally no selling a snap mare that I hadn't noticed previously. Good on Rosa for keeping on, in all honesty. 

Edited by BrodyGraham
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Re: Khan - I remember the Nyla Rose segment, but thought that was a ‘during the ads on telly but shown on FiteTV’ but, so thought this may have been the first time on the regular portion of the show.

That woman’s match was fucking awful

I’m not sure there’s anything in modern wrestling that is as consistently unenjoyable for me as the AEW Women’s Division and it’s such as shame as there are strong individual talents in there.

It’s almost impossible to imagine the women’s division in its current state headlining a Dynamite let alone a PPV and in 2020 that really is poor. 

I hope this isn’t a problem we’re talking about one year from now.

With the women's division also been a issue I wonder if they should've held off with a title and division, instead just have "showcase" matches to get the limited roster known to the new audience.

Only this AEW hasn't shown patience with, tag and secondary titles were timed well, I know they felt they needed a women's division but it should've been more natural (don't mean Brandy either)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’m not sure there’s anything in modern wrestling that is as consistently unenjoyable for me as the AEW Women’s Division and it’s such as shame as there are strong individual talents in there.

It’s almost impossible to imagine the women’s division in its current state headlining a Dynamite let alone a PPV and in 2020 that really is poor. 

I hope this isn’t a problem we’re talking about one year from now.

They have got rid of Bea Priestley so it’s a step in the right direction