Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

On the subject of Hangman Page, surely his latest t-shirt that just reads "Anxious Millennial Cowboy" in plain white font has to be contender for worst wrestling t-shirt ever?

I know that covers a lot of ground and PWT/AEW bring out new merchandise daily and it's probably already in the past but such a weird slogan or statement.

Posted (edited)

Has Page ever been called that as a nickname? Awful if he has.

I'm all for Making this current and on trend but this is a bit too on point.

Maybe if it was a better design with a whiskey bottle and cowboy hat would be more fitting the character

Edited by The Cutting Edge
Added shit
  • Paid Members
Posted

It's already the second-biggest selling t-shirt for the week and the fourth for the month, so it's not that much of a disaster.

Page hasn't been directly called that as a nickname. He has an ongoing thing where he writes his own entrance description, which have been odd and generally funny. "Seeing how white wrist tape works for him" one week, and "Didn't like the white wrist tape" the following. The one that really stuck with people was "Anxious millennial cowboy', which has become the way a lot of fans describe him as a result. It's all quite organic.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just watching BTE from around Episode 213, not watched it before, but I must admit, Colt Cabana is one of the most likeable oafs in recent times. Who would have thought Colt would be one of the better things in wrestling in 2020.

Matt Hardy is infinitely better on BTE than on TV shows, even shows like Raw / Impact, his stuff is more befitting of a sketch show. Money Matt is my favourite. 

 

Posted

I've got no problem with that nickname for Hangman as long as I don't have to hear Justin Roberts say it every week.

The Anxiousssssss Millennnnnnniallll COWWWWboy.

FUCK OFF JUSTIN.

Posted

I'd be happy if the only sound coming out of Justin Roberts mouth at the beginning of each episode is a faint mumble as somebody holds a chloroform soaked rag over his gob and replaces him with any other announcer. I'd take Michael "I talk over every fucker's entrance giving stupid facts for no reason and now you can't hear their music" Buffer over Justin Roberts.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Roberts has always been hugely divisive. I don't mind him. He's got a good, memorable voice and by and large just does the job. Whether he's a nonce is another matter but certainly never got the hatred for him from some quarters just for his announcing.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I despise him because I think his voice is terrible sounding and weak. He elicits no excitement when introducing a wrestler or a match from the crowd/viewers. He offers no gravitas to anything. He looks like a twat and I want to punch his smug twat face every time I see it. His voice reminds me of shit episodes of Smackdown. The only thing he will be remembered for is the stupid, annoying way he pronounces the name John. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

He's now gone from announcing Shaun Cena to announcing Shaun Moxley. They should have tied down Tony Chimel if they wanted a B grade WWE ring announcer. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Imagine Mauro Ranallo and nonce-face Roberts on the same broadcast? Fucking hell, no.

Don't give them ideas.

Although I do wonder if Mauro's hyperactive nature would balance out JR's weekly Eeyore impression on commentary.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...