The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

10 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

Somebody try and convince me why Kip Sabian is worth a weekly Dynamite spot over anyone else?

Penelope does not count.

Because he’s a young good looking lad whose capable in the ring. He’s not 51 year old ‘only there because he’s Jericho’s mate’ Dr Luther, is more interesting than Brandon Cutler and his board games or that knock off Damian Sandow he’s been teaming with, is less irritating than Austin Gunn and it takes a spot away from Matt Cardona 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

Somebody try and convince me why Kip Sabian is worth a weekly Dynamite spot over anyone else?

Penelope does not count.

Why doesn't she? He plays her cocky dickhead fawning boyfriend really well. They are a good act together. Also he's pretty decent in the ring and has the type of face you immediately want to punch, solid midcard heel material.

I just don't see anything in him, and it's go away change the channel vibe for me.

The rest of AEW's young guard have way more appealing features about themselves and so he is taking up space where a Scorpio Sky could do with it a lot more.

I'm not saying Sky is part of that young guard btw.

Edited by Edgehead

@Edgehead So who of the young guard would you put in his place? I’m not calling you out or anything, you’ve raised the point and I’m interested to know.
You say you don’t see anything in Kip Sabian, which is fine that’s your opinion, but not everyone has to have that “it factor” or be considered a star. For all we know, Kip might be perfectly happy being rotated on and off TV as and when they need him.

Scorpio Sky is a interesting one as they do seem to distancing him from SCU more and more. He is 37 though, so it’s now or never with him if they’re going to try and make him a featured part of the show. 

• Paid Members

Essentially, I guess he's being aimed at that younger target demographic or interest than you have or are. 

He's around 30k followers on Instagram, 11k on Twitch and 30k on Twitter. Ford on Twitter has over 60k, her Instagram close to 100k.

They're two good looking people who for different reasons, character wise you're supposed to dislike. Ford's a stuck up, egotistical brat and Sabian has this Simp Life, Hugh Grant false smugness, arrogance that people want to slap the face off.

They both play the character well and as mentioned in a world of Dungeon masters, librarians and front Office, springboarding, Diamon Cutting workers set out a little more as actual bad guy characters rather than the somewhat vague disposition of many on the roster. 

Adding in Miro is a genius move, because what's set him apart post WWE is that he's doing the social media thing, well, and that it's not realistically impossible that they'd have hung out playing games but at the same time we know he could squash him like a bug. That's surely going to be the natural conclusion to all of this, that Sabian somehow pisses him off and get swatted like a fly but for a few minutes of TV per week its not a worry. 

Just have a piss then rather than when they do picture in picture if you want to avoid it. 

16 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

I just don't see anything in him, and it's go away change the channel vibe for me.

The rest of AEW's young guard have way more appealing features about themselves and so he is taking up space where a Scorpio Sky could do with it a lot more.

I'm not saying Sky is part of that young guard btw.

Maybe you picked bad examples, but you've just said you don't like a heel and do like a face, which is kind of the point.

To be clear, I have ZERO interest in Kip Sabian in the ring - I think he's as bland a Johnny Kickpads as they come. But outside the ring, he's a social media savvy, good looking, young guy who's not afraid to ham it up and look a total goof, whether it's shamelessly self promoting himself on placards or trying to look cool with half his sunglasses kicked in by Shida. If anything, I much prefer him in a manager role for Ford, who goes a much stronger upside in the admittedly thinner women's division, but therefore more able to make an impact and get match time on the big shows.

You can do a helluva lot more with Kip and Ford right now than another solid face worker. On any given night, any of the AEW roster can turn up and bang out a good to great match. The difference is the personalities involved. Kip's done more for that by turning up with A2 card and a sharpie than Sky or half the roster has going all out for 10 minutes for months on Dark.

It's one of the things that makes his association with Miro so intriguing. You've got the slimy snarky little heel of Sabian now paired up with totes adorbz Handsome Miro. Will they do the generic love triangle thing? Maybe, but it was Kip that got the big squeezy Bulgarian bear hug and Penelope who got the fist bump. When you've got maybe 8 matches on a PPV, I've got much more time for this than another "It's my time to show everyone what I can do!" work rate face run.

This episode is probably the first I've watched, where paths were clearly laid out, for things to hopefully start making more sense. Jericho & Hagar 'out of the way', to chase the Tag-Titles, at the same time, making that a more intriguing division. Page & Omega (as they need to do) performing as singles competitors & adding to the list of Championship contenders. Miro in, adding to the likes of; Moxley, Archer, Lee & Cage in the big boys division & potential feuds boiling under (Best Friends/Santana & Ortiz, Darby & Starks). Being polite, still not impressed with Omega & Paige's promo's. We already have 2 "Best Friends". That's enough of the soppy man-love. You're supposed to be there to wrestle, gentlemen. My highlight was Jericho with the fire extinguisher...perfect comedy timing.

Edited by KingofSports

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

@Edgehead So who of the young guard would you put in his place? I’m not calling you out or anything, you’ve raised the point and I’m interested to know.
You say you don’t see anything in Kip Sabian, which is fine that’s your opinion, but not everyone has to have that “it factor” or be considered a star. For all we know, Kip might be perfectly happy being rotated on and off TV as and when they need him.

Scorpio Sky is a interesting one as they do seem to distancing him from SCU more and more. He is 37 though, so it’s now or never with him if they’re going to try and make him a featured part of the show. 

I would say a lot of the other young guard have good positions already and stand out a lot more than Sabian.

I'd hope they will really look to move Sammy on from the Hardy feud which they look like to be dropping. The Inner Circle are splintering off on to their own things right now so perhaps giving Sammy a Spanish Goddess would replace the Kip and Ford role more successfully. He also has his vlog which appeals to the youth crowd. He is also a much better worker that is over.

MJF, Wardlow, Darby,  and Jungle Boy are moving along nicely.

They do need to run with Sky, and Penta/Fenix as singles sooner rather than later as they are all awesome.

I felt Miro's debut hurt him with his association with a very lower level guy. I can't see it bringing him up, move like lowering Miro down. 

It's clear I'm in the minority here though so maybe I'm wrong and he will show improvements in his overall deal. I hated the Dark Order stuff but the BTE segments and the strong angle against Cody has me interested in Cody coming back and getting his revenge (despite his announcement after this weeks Dynamite killing the injury.)

So he may turn it around. Just not a fan of his work currently.

Edited by Edgehead

Been thinking the last few days re the Hangman story, and how you’d expect there to be some legend comes in and gives him the pep talk promo to get his mind right. Top pick and ain’t gonna happen would be Austin. Then more realistic Bret. Anything as long as it’s not DDP 

8 minutes ago, Louch said:

Been thinking the last few days re the Hangman story, and how you’d expect there to be some legend comes in and gives him the pep talk promo to get his mind right. Top pick and ain’t gonna happen would be Austin. Then more realistic Bret. Anything as long as it’s not DDP 

It will probably end up being DDP

My prediction is that it was Omega that got in Hangman's head all along and the Bucks forgive Page and its Page vs Omega with Page getting his big singles win for the world title (after Omega beats Mox at Full Gear) and he becomes AEW's ace. 

Kip and Ford are a great lower card act, he kinda reminds me of heel wcw Jericho just a mouthy twat above his station. And makes most of all his tv time.

Together they're like an annoying love island Instagram couple, so smug and "perfect together".

Even the "Bad Boy/Girl" names are suited, two twats that bought black skinny jeans and a cheap leather jacket from Topman and is now a "rockstar/bad boy".

You'll either love or hate them depending on age or what category you fit in.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

It will probably end up being DDP

My prediction is that it was Omega that got in Hangman's head all along and the Bucks forgive Page and its Page vs Omega with Page getting his big singles win for the world title (after Omega beats Mox at Full Gear) and he becomes AEW's ace. 

I agree with this. Kenny was just a bit too understanding of Hangman costing the Buck's a title shot and getting kicked out of the Elite. I don't think he even questioned it at all did he? Besides I think it suits both their characters far more than "FTR did it".

I wouldn't have the Bucks forgive Hangman though. That's something you can leave bubbling away in the background and revisit when you need to. There's no need to wrap it up. Just have Kenny, Page and The Bucks all hate each other.