The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I'd rather have pre USA Network Ranallo over just about any commentator going. Ross being snide about anyone who doesn't pay his cheques or have the surname Rhodes can fuck the fuck off. Even if Ranallo now is regularly contrived or overly bombastic, at least he isn't actively sucking the energy out of the broadcast.

I don't get the hate for Roberts' work either to be fair. I've always assumed that some of it is residual bitterness over him writing and promoting his book. That said the way he announces, 'Jeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhn!', can get fucked n'all.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Paid Members

I disagree. Ranalla not only sucks the life out of a broadcast, he actively makes it difficult to watch because he is painful to the ears with his invasive endlessly convoluted calls. The guy had no dial, he's constantly on 11 for every fucking thing. He's exhausting and there is no joy to be found in his commentary. JR might be a grumpy twat but Ranallo ruins the stuff he commentates on. 

Ranallo makes things unwatchable , and gets sucked off online as he likes and retweets compliments about him. Send him back to some MMA or boxing I won’t watch anyway 

• Paid Members

AEW is the only wrestling I watch properly, what brought me back to wrestling after being so bored and fed up with it for so many years, it's not even close to perfect but I love it and look forward to it every week. If Mauro turned up on it I would be fucking heartbroken. 

In other news, this is very wholesome and lovely:

Edited by LaGoosh

9 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

On the subject of Hangman Page, surely his latest t-shirt that just reads "Anxious Millennial Cowboy" in plain white font has to be contender for worst wrestling t-shirt ever?

I know that covers a lot of ground and PWT/AEW bring out new merchandise daily and it's probably already in the past but such a weird slogan or statement.

It was the name of the Spotify playlist he shared ages ago 

Really liked the Bucks turning up, acting like dicks and superkicking the ref and then the camera following them to the back and past FTR, thought that was really cool. What I didn't find remotely cool was Tony Khan, who I wouldn't have recognised had commentary not pointed it out, sat at gorilla in his shorts and t-shirt like a fan that had somehow wandered backstage. I've no desire to see him as an on-screen personality or authority/commissioner figure but for fucks sake, just sitting there like a mug and not reacting when the Bucks chuck a wad of cash in your face and disrespect you makes you look like a loser.

• Paid Members
Just now, cobra_gordo said:

Really liked the Bucks turning up, acting like dicks and superkicking the ref and then the camera following them to the back and past FTR, thought that was really cool. What I didn't find remotely cool was Tony Khan, who I wouldn't have recognised had commentary not pointed it out, sat at gorilla in his shorts and t-shirt like a fan that had somehow wandered backstage. I've no desire to see him as an on-screen personality or authority/commissioner figure but for fucks sake, just sitting there like a mug and not reacting when the Bucks chuck a wad of cash in your face and disrespect you makes you look like a loser.

He produces the show. That's what he was doing there. Odd thing to pick up on.

Has an episode of wrestling ever had a greater ending then the victors being driven off in a white people carrier whilst their mum flips of their opponents?  

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I've no desire to see him as an on-screen personality or authority/commissioner figure but for fucks sake, just sitting there like a mug and not reacting when the Bucks chuck a wad of cash in your face and disrespect you makes you look like a loser.

They can't win. Imagine the fucking crying if Tony Khan started giving it the big 'un.

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Has an episode of wrestling ever had a greater ending then the victors being driven off in a white people carrier whilst their mum flips of their opponents?  

Most wrestling shows? I guess babyfaces hanging out with their mother on national tv is where we are now.

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

They can't win. Imagine the fucking crying if Tony Khan started giving it the big 'un.

I don't think they can but the "Tony Khan has booked ______ for next week" stuff has been increasing which, at least to me, feels like he wants to be more prominent on the show. I wouldn't start moaning for the sake of it if he suddenly decided to become a character on the show, where my concern is is that we get the same old authority figure routine that has been done to death for years. 

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The point i was making was that I wouldn't have known who he was if he'd walked in to me in the street. He was dressed for the beach. If you're going to start appearing on screen as owner/producer, put on a pair of jeans and a shirt or something.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, cobra_gordo said:

I wouldn't have known who he was if he'd walked in to me in the street. But if you're going to start appearing on screen as owner/producer, put on a pair of jeans and a shirt or something.

Bloody hell old man. I'll make sure he wears a tie next time as well

• Paid Members
Just now, cobra_gordo said:

I'm half surprised he wasn't wearing one of Jericho's shirts.

So Don't be like WWE when it comes to having authority figures, but make sure you are dressed like Vince would if you are going to be seen on camera, just like WWE. You do know that most companies now do not enforce suits and instead for a more casual look for workers? Maybe that hasn't reached the north yet, I don't know. But you don't have to wear suits anymore. It's alright.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So Don't be like WWE when it comes to having authority figures, but make sure you are dressed like Vince would if you are going to be seen on camera, just like WWE. You do know that most companies now do not enforce suits and instead for a more casual look for workers? Maybe that hasn't reached the north yet, I don't know. But you don't have to wear suits anymore. It's alright.

You know I didn't say suit right? I said jeans and a shirt. Suits haven't reached the north but our ability to read what we're referencing before mis-quoting has.