The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Most wrestling shows? I guess babyfaces hanging out with their mother on national tv is where we are now.

Fucking hell, what an absolutely miserable take. Cheer up, wrestling is supposed to be fun.

The ending was hilarious and fun as hell, I had a massive smile on my face. Loved that whole main event so much.

• Paid Members

Isn't it meant to be ridiculously hot where they are? While I can see the points from both sides, as Rick said, they really can't win one way or the other, such is wrestling these days.

The Young Bucks looked the best i've ever seen them, Matt (Black hair?) seems like the better of the two heel-wise and when they kicked the ref i was hoping they were going to throw the $5000 at the ref, when they didn't, i was disappointed. Then they threw it at Tony Khan (to be fair, it didn't even look like him) and sauntered off past FTR while FTR and Tully grinned like Cheshire cats. Home run of a segment for me. 

I really don't like Moxley. Never have, all the way from the Shield days. He just irritates the shit out of me with his wacky swagger and 'crazy' antics.

Eddie Kingston is absolutely captivating, easily the best promo in wrestling right now. 

That ending though, is Sue the biggest babyface in wrestling? Give her the big belt!

Edited by Nick James

1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

I don't think they can but the "Tony Khan has booked ______ for next week" stuff has been increasing which, at least to me, feels like he wants to be more prominent on the show. I wouldn't start moaning for the sake of it if he suddenly decided to become a character on the show, where my concern is is that we get the same old authority figure routine that has been done to death for years. 

They've done this since the early days of Dynamite, and to go from him appearing on camera for a split second to "OH MY GOD HE'S GOING TO BE LIKE MR MCMAHON NOW" is one hell of a stretch. 

As for the episode itself, it was very inconsequential. AEW does this every now and then, rolling out wrestling heavy shows with little storyline progression. It feels very much like their version of a Friendly match in football. Potentially a fun watch, but ultimately skippable. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it again this week, loved the main event and if the ending didn't make you smile then maybe AEW isn't for you! 

Also thought Kenny Omega did a good job on commentary for the Hangman Page match... A good way for him to get his character developed rather than backstage promos which I never feel hit the spot as well as intended. 

• Paid Members

In 2020 I never thought I'd be saying that 2 of my favourite characters in wrestling are Trent and Trent's Mom. You know those guys must have been having a genuine "this is so amazing" moment inside the car with how well Trent has done to build himself up from his time in WWE and how Cassidy and Taylor have been working for around 15 years for the 3 of them to close out an episode of a TV show and main event together. 

It was a good episode, its become one I'll watch because it flies by quicker than NXT for me, which I watch the highlights instead. 

Kaz and Page had a bloody excellent match, I'm enjoying Jericho working with the new, younger guys again, the street fight and Cassidy just deciding it was time to show up because "Why not?" was great and I'm now more interested in the Archer/Mox match as this uneasy alliance between Taz and Roberts I feel has to be more than a blink and you'll miss it kind of thing. Surely if they know they have a title shot waiting they'll run interference? Could be the leading up to a new war. 

Part of me thinks Shida and Rosa are gonna fight to unify the belts at some stage too based off last night. The fact NWA are allowing the belt to be contested for on the show makes me think the YouTube series is done and this could be a way of bringing in a few "secondary" big titles (World, Tag and Women's could all easily be contested for on the shows) and would give some of the top fueds a little more juice. But yeah I think Shida and Rosa may fight to unify their belts and I'd be happy to see them battle again. 

The show didn't feel particularly big this week but everything was good to great, a real easy watch with so many people showing character throughout.

That fucking main event tho, I loved everything about it, it filled that hardcore craving I get once in a while and over delivered. Finishing with Trent's mum like that was pitch perfect.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

1. It's easy to hate on Brandi but Christ she's insufferable. Somebody else nailed it a few pages back, why is she out there, why is not afraid of Brody, why is she standing up to him? Is it because she's a strong independent woman? Fuck right off. He destroyed your husband. He should be feared. You should be terrified. You shouldn't even be there. You should be off screen with Cody selling the severity. Now it seems less bad. Now nobody should really fear the Dark Order or Brody. She really needs to get off screen for a good while. Also what's with the Ally stuff? Her and QT offer nout.

2. Why hasn't Cage got half black/half orange gear yet? I'm a gear mark brah.

3. I loved Hangman's new look. Although it does make him look smaller and it's less of a main event event look. Props to him always looking the part in his cowboy gear backstage and not running about in shorts and comic book tees like the other geeks.

4. Darby needs to saved from himself. Stupid yet charismatic twat.

5. Khan is a disgrace for the Hardy incident. Bash WWE all you like but at least they care about their wrestlers enough to stop them for doing stupid shit whenever they think of it. He needs to be a leader and not one of the boys.

6. Dustin is just ace isn't he. Those promos. So fiery. So much passion. So real. Just classic wrasslin. It's almost a lost art. He deserves a run. He's so much better than Mox.

7. Miro rocks and has so much to offer. Mid Cardona ans Spears do not. So TNAish to have them. They offer nothing and take away from the building of home grown stars.

8. Mox is meh. Love me some Archer.

9. Hobbs has potential. Love a good hoss. Ditch the baby blue jobber colour though.

10. Thunder Rosa is a star. Would love to see her with the strap. Fanatic worker and look. Also ditch Vickie in an unrelated note.

Edited by boyfriend