The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

If Tony Khan's wardrobe choice is this weeks biggest bitch topic then AEW had a good week.

I originally had concerns but now I see his appearances as just addressing the Elephant in the room. It's common knowledge that he's the boss so it would be daft if he isn't addressed from time to time.

He produces as well? Fair play to the guy if so. For someone with no previous hands on experience in running a wrestling promotion he's doing a good job.

Loved the main event.

EDIT.

BACHELOR PARTY INCOMING.

Edited by The King Of Swing

4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Part of me thinks Shida and Rosa are gonna fight to unify the belts at some stage too based off last night. The fact NWA are allowing the belt to be contested for on the show makes me think the YouTube series is done and this could be a way of bringing in a few "secondary" big titles (World, Tag and Women's could all easily be contested for on the shows) and would give some of the top fueds a little more juice. But yeah I think Shida and Rosa may fight to unify their belts and I'd be happy to see them battle again. 

Can see it being more Shida challenges Rosa for the nwa title and loses to set up a third match between them

• Paid Members

On the plus side as well as everything else positive, Eddie Kingston telling Blade to get his house in order meaning to go and get Allie back from QT at least means I have a few weeks of those 5 battering QT while fighting with Dustin and I'd guess Cardona and Scorpio.

Interested by Orange vs Brodie next week as well. Obviously can't see Lee losing but it'll be interesting how he wins. I don't think even for someone like Cassidy's character, after having him beat Jericho twice they'd then have him lose clean.

7 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Most wrestling shows? I guess babyfaces hanging out with their mother on national tv is where we are now.

It's not like Best Friends are supposed to be the next incarnation of The Road Warriors.  

I'm voting Sue as Non Wrestling Personality of the Year in the Observer Awards. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Getting an extra hour Tuesday next week, wonder if it’s a trial of when they start to run another night 

It was taped to air on Wednesday this week if Dynamite was moved to Thursday. It wasn't so it didn't.

Wow, I liked that episode a lot. Dynamite's taped shows feel much more consistent to me. They have a better flow to them with a bit more production sheen, and the piped-in audio helps tremendously.

I rolled my eyes at the main event graphic to be honest, because I couldn't give a shit about Best Friends or Trent's mum. But boy, did they turn that unfunny, silly bollocks around. That match delivered beyond all expectations. Massively fun brawl that was creative without feeling contrived. Even the punches were snug and lovely, and the violence was gripping until the end. I'd rather they pull back on the gimmick stuff altogether, but I'll take something that's this visceral and this logical over dumb stunts with scissor lifts and body bags any day. Best parking lot brawl since Piper/Goldust? I was grinning like a loony watching the closing shot of the boys in the car with Sue giving the finger. I can't remember the last time a wrestling show ended with such a cool, feelgood moment. 

FTR rocks. They wrestled like The Revival of old too, with the heat, cool cut-offs and sneaky team work. Tully needs to dump Shawn Spears already, he's onto better things.

Kenny Omega was such a slimy, infuriating twat on commentary and it was fucking GLORIOUS to hear it. He finally felt like a TV ready personality again, rather than the wishy-washy weirdo, phoning it in. I could just feel Jim Ross seething in the booth at the dickhead.

I liked the raw, wild feel that the parking lot brawl, Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley promos had to them. There was a sense of chaos to it all, but in an organic way, and not - as is often the case - in a bad train wreck way.

Miro still has the stink of the clubhouse, goofing-off, BTE stuff, that I don't feel clued-in on and kind of hate. But at least he got his top off this week and showed where the money is. Let's face it - Lana is hugely missed as part of the Miro package, and he's with a guy in Kip Sabian that seems impossible to make interesting. Hopefully he blows him off ASAP. There's something there with Miro if he wants it, and if they can make me care about Trent's bloody mum, I'm fairly confident they can get it running with Miro. 

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Quality episode. Great open with the Young Bucks and a quality tag match between FTR and Jurassic Express. The main event was fantastic, best hardcore-style match they've done and a real fun ending. Moment of the show for me though was Hangman looking for Kenny after the win.

• Paid Members

* Anxious Millenial Cowboy "Hangman" Adam Page had a very good professional wrestling match with Frankie Kazarian. Kazarian's been quietly having bangers on Dark for the past few weeks, and let's face it he was ALWAYS good, and Hangman is just THE BEST. Seriously, when they were looking to push Page this time last year, after being in the Bullet Club and Ring of boring Honor, I was all, like, ugh, but I am a stupid man because he is great. Omega added some storyline beats on comms, too. Good job.

* MJF is such a shitty person that even the heels at ringside were booing him.

*: Only slightly but there's a weird feel to the Eddie Kingston stable family and it's not quite gelling. Like, why would the Lucha brothers hang out with the Butcher & the Blade? I DO like that the Mad King is AEW's continuity cop, hammering home that he wasn't eliminated from the battle royal, AND he's the only one who remembers that Allie should be with the Blade!

* I get that Jericho is a BIG deal and I enjoy watching him (not as much as I enjoy listening to him on comms, but there you go), but this tag-team run seems way too forced, and Private Party got nothing out of this match at all, especially when Hager and Cassidy disappeared forever. I do like the Judas Effect, though.

* Ivelisse, man.

* I was, erm, all-in on jake Roberts when he first came in but he's a liability now, stumbling over his words and making every angle awkward. Archer can talk just fine. I'd have also preferred that Darby Allin was left as a - massively obvious, admittedly - surprise for next week. I like the push they're giving Will Hobbs, too.

* The Parking Lot Fight - that's its official name, right? - was ace, with the right amount of big spots at the right times to do them, and the major league debut of SOMEONE BEING PUT THROUGH A DOOR. And I LOVED Best Friends driving off with Sue at the end, just as it should be. What I want now, though, is for Santana and Ortiz's mum - or just Dasha, I suppose - to come looking for revenge...

* This was such an easy watch, after a few tricky weeks and an under-par PPV. It flowed nicely, with some big angles sprinkled throughout, and there's a lot of storylines going on to keep you engaged. If they could cut Dark in half - although don't rob me of KiLynn King or Red Velvet or The Initiative - and keep their PPVs under 3 hours, they'd be golden.

Kenny acting like Page is lost without him was infuriating in the best way possible. Liked how he couldn't wait to fuck off once Page won.

Kingston's "family" is pretty oddball but still intriguing. I'm fully on board for a few weeks worth of QT beat downs.

JR was bearable this week.

Big Tony sounds like he loves every second of being back on a westling show.