The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Had the absolute fear when I turned on YouTube this morning and seen Cody announces Go Big Show, only to find out what it is is actually worse than i thought ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Paid Members

Miro/Rusev is incredibly funny so for AEW not to capitalize on that and push him as a super serious tough guy (when all the other top guys in AEW already have feuds) would be madness. And it's not like he needs much build to be taken seriously as a threat, just look at the guy he's a beast.

• Paid Members

Rusev mentioned wanting to pattern himself on Kurt Angle - capitalise on his natural comedic talents but also be a badass. You canโ€™t argue with him. Heโ€™s hilarious in almost everything he does, yet he also looks like this.

85A422EE-9952-40C3-94B3-E106B6EB955C.thumb.jpeg.4a9aeaaf8eb95235835d00f6493984a5.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

Really enjoyed the focus on promos this week. The loosening of scripted promos is what really sets AEW apart and is their bigย selling point for me. Awesome range of talkers on thatย roster, best in 20 years.

Can't wait to see Miro mixing it up,ย more meat is always welcome. Crap debut though.ย Best Man Miroย looked as nondescript as Kenny Omega and I'm not sold on him to be honest.ย I like the Kurt Angle comparison though. Lets see where it goes.

Happy as Larry Cody plugging his game show appearance was a hilarious end to the show. Didn't see that one coming.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

He should make Ladder Cage matches his signature, but call them "The Ladder of Escape", as painted by his great artist namesake, Joan Miro:

03MIRO1-superJumbo.jpg

Stick some farmyward animals in there, and he's golden.

Fucking state of Joey Janela. Him and Jericho facing eachother is like someone has travelled through time and run into themselves.ย 

Iโ€™m happy that Miroย has signed, there was rumours of him going to Impact, andย I think this a better fit for him but being Kip Sabianโ€™s best man is a bit of a shit way to introduce him.

Why do I imagine this โ€œWin a virtual Meet & Greetย with an AEW Talentโ€ thingy always ends up with some poor sod talking to Austin Gunn.

5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

but also, as Meltzer pointed out recently - Luchasaurus has been wrestling for 11 years, amounted to nothing in FCW/NXT and nothing on the indies before Lucha Underground, and for that entire time he was following the stock "wrestle like a big guy" advice. He only started making waves when he started wrestling the way he does.ย 

I think there's a balance to be had.
It's undeniably impressive that a guy his size can do the stuff he does but seeing him do it all the time makes it less special.
As was saidย above, Nash busted out a leapfrog in his match v Goldberg [and a fucking plancha in his match v Mabel at SummerSlam!] but it was noteworthy because he only did it once. Mike Awesome doing dives was impressive but after a while it was like 'Okay, what else have you got?'.
ย 

• Paid Members

Joey Janela gets worse every time I see him. Having never seen a single thing he's done pre AEW, I enjoyed him at first when he was doing bonkers hardcore stuff because you can get away with looking like a clueless chubby teenager when you're just getting your head stapled.ย 
Since then though he's looking worse and worse. He had a brief spell where he looked to be getting into shape and that just stopped.