Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

Eddie Kingston was on Dark but there's no mention from him or commentators about him not being eliminated from the Casino Battle Royale, seems like it was just a mistake that he never got thrown over the top rope.

When is Dark filmed? Could they have recorded it before the PPV?

Posted
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

When is Dark filmed? Could they have recorded it before the PPV?

All the commentary seemed to point to it being recorded after, they went pretty into detail over what happened at the ppv.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ah, that's fair - still, they might pick up on it on Dynamite once they've had time to book/write some more stuff; even if they don't go with it as a serious angle, it's ammunition for Kingston to present himself as being screwed over.

I assume Dark was filmed same day as the PPV, as Ben Carter was in the front row towards the end of the PPV. I haven't had chance to watch Dark yet, outside of the clips and GIFs of Ben's match that have been circulating. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

All the commentary seemed to point to it being recorded after, they went pretty into detail over what happened at the ppv.

I believe the matches were taped Friday, could be mistaken though

Posted
21 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I assume Dark was filmed same day as the PPV, as Ben Carter was in the front row towards the end of the PPV. I haven't had chance to watch Dark yet, outside of the clips and GIFs of Ben's match that have been circulating. 

Who's Ben Carter? 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Who's Ben Carter? 

British lad who is becoming a bit of a hot prospect on the US Indies. Trained at Seth Rollins school and is starting to turn heads. Has debuted with Impact recently and sells really well.

Had one of the better matches I've seen on Dark in a bit, with Ricky Starks. Apparently had a great match at the last GCW show.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I actually worked Ben's first ever match, as he started out training with us at CIWW in Jersey, so I've known him since he was 16 and I was part of pretty much every match in his first couple of years in wrestling. He went to the US on a football scholarship, and trained in Tennessee before eventually starting with Rollins' school, and worked a couple of dates for CIWW in-between the two. 

He worked one match for CIWW early this year, but annoyingly it was a date I was unavailable for, so one of very few of our shows that I didn't work. 

He's always been a ridiculously quick learner, and an incredible athlete, so seeing him finally put all the pieces together and become as good as he is has been really rewarding. He's been getting on a lot of influential people's radar over the past few months, and having experienced people looking out for him is exactly what he needs to take it to the next level.

I have to confess to more than a small amount of "smug wrestle-dad" around seeing a guy I had in hand in training doing as well as he is, even though I know it's not my advice or my haranguing him when he was 16 that's got him to where he's at.

Posted

Just got to see Ben Carter's introduction before I had to do something useful. Looking forward to watching his match later.

Sincerely hope he tells Justin Roberts for next time that it's not the British Channel!

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Only watched up to the Hardy segment so far, but to me that seemed very pandering and shouldn't have come from Hardy. Why was the guy who was injured apologising and not the people who allowed it to continue?

Really liked the opening segment with MJF and Jericho, that was different and was when they walked away from each other.

How white are Jake's teeth? I think it really highlights them when he dyes his tash black.

Fancy signing Handsome Miro and debuting him in a storyline involving a wedding and mid/lower carders like Kip Sabian. The dude should be pushed to the moon. How WWE never capitalised on his charisma is astounding.

Edited by Nick James
  • Paid Members
Posted

The, "shove your brass ring up your arse!" thing reeked of TNA, but whatever. Miro! I'm so happy. There's no more lovable oaf in the business. He'll rise to the top with ease.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Fancy signing Handsome Miro and debuting him in a storyline involving a wedding and mid/lower carders like Kip Sabian. The dude should be pushed to the moon. How WWE never capitalised on his charisma is astounding.

That was my first thought, however it's very easy to debut new people at the top only to have them drop down when that level can't be sustained.

I quite like that they did something a little different with him. And he obviously has the charisma and wrestling ability to adapt to anything really, so I'm excited he's on board whatever he does. I have no worries he'll be fine.

  • Paid Members
Posted

End to end in terms of pacing it was one of the best Dynamites they've done. Flew by with some good matches, some good storytelling and a nice little surprise like Miro thrown in. Probably could have been better ways to debut him but still. 
Dustin is fantastic and I was glad to see his match go long with Brodie rather than get flattened.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...