Jump to content

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread


Recommended Posts

It's crazy to think that Jericho has gone from one of those loyal 'WWE is my home' type guys to where he is now. Must have been the taste of actual freedom that made him realise how difficult some of the stuff he had to deal with probably was. Hindsight's a bastard but at least he's still at a point in his career where he's able to get out there and enjoy himself and do something valuable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

  • Paid Members

Listened to the Top Rope Nation review of the show with I think is a very fair assessment. Not sure if there are any listeners here? I only discovered it recently thanks to Kyle Ross doing that trilogy of podcasts with Liam from SCG. Not a bad listen if you're commuting or working or whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

It's crazy to think that Jericho has gone from one of those loyal 'WWE is my home' type guys to where he is now. Must have been the taste of actual freedom that made him realise how difficult some of the stuff he had to deal with probably was. Hindsight's a bastard but at least he's still at a point in his career where he's able to get out there and enjoy himself and do something valuable.

He's already said he could never go back to the WWE heavily scripted style of doing things after all the freedom he's had in AEW.  Of course that could mean nothing come the time his contract up should WWE make him a ridiculous offer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's crazy to think that Jericho has gone from one of those loyal 'WWE is my home' type guys to where he is now. Must have been the taste of actual freedom that made him realise how difficult some of the stuff he had to deal with probably was.

He's said that initially his plan was to wrestle only for New Japan and never wrestle for anyone in the US but WWE. But then he loved the creative freedom he had in Japan so much that he completely changed his mind. Also he was definitely bitter about him vs Owen's going on second at Wrestlemania.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
50 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Listened to the Top Rope Nation review of the show with I think is a very fair assessment. Not sure if there are any listeners here? I only discovered it recently thanks to Kyle Ross doing that trilogy of podcasts with Liam from SCG. Not a bad listen if you're commuting or working or whatever.

That's when I started listening to it too. I really enjoy it. Especially their draft shows, those are good fun. I tend to find Kyle Ross talks a lot of sense each week. Plus, the episodes aren't longer than they need to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eddie Kingston was on Dark but there's no mention from him or commentators about him not being eliminated from the Casino Battle Royale, seems like it was just a mistake that he never got thrown over the top rope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

Eddie Kingston was on Dark but there's no mention from him or commentators about him not being eliminated from the Casino Battle Royale, seems like it was just a mistake that he never got thrown over the top rope.

When is Dark filmed? Could they have recorded it before the PPV?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

When is Dark filmed? Could they have recorded it before the PPV?

All the commentary seemed to point to it being recorded after, they went pretty into detail over what happened at the ppv.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Ah, that's fair - still, they might pick up on it on Dynamite once they've had time to book/write some more stuff; even if they don't go with it as a serious angle, it's ammunition for Kingston to present himself as being screwed over.

I assume Dark was filmed same day as the PPV, as Ben Carter was in the front row towards the end of the PPV. I haven't had chance to watch Dark yet, outside of the clips and GIFs of Ben's match that have been circulating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

All the commentary seemed to point to it being recorded after, they went pretty into detail over what happened at the ppv.

I believe the matches were taped Friday, could be mistaken though

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Who's Ben Carter? 

British lad who is becoming a bit of a hot prospect on the US Indies. Trained at Seth Rollins school and is starting to turn heads. Has debuted with Impact recently and sells really well.

Had one of the better matches I've seen on Dark in a bit, with Ricky Starks. Apparently had a great match at the last GCW show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

I actually worked Ben's first ever match, as he started out training with us at CIWW in Jersey, so I've known him since he was 16 and I was part of pretty much every match in his first couple of years in wrestling. He went to the US on a football scholarship, and trained in Tennessee before eventually starting with Rollins' school, and worked a couple of dates for CIWW in-between the two. 

He worked one match for CIWW early this year, but annoyingly it was a date I was unavailable for, so one of very few of our shows that I didn't work. 

He's always been a ridiculously quick learner, and an incredible athlete, so seeing him finally put all the pieces together and become as good as he is has been really rewarding. He's been getting on a lot of influential people's radar over the past few months, and having experienced people looking out for him is exactly what he needs to take it to the next level.

I have to confess to more than a small amount of "smug wrestle-dad" around seeing a guy I had in hand in training doing as well as he is, even though I know it's not my advice or my haranguing him when he was 16 that's got him to where he's at.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...