The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I love how Hardy's wife is having none of it. Liking tweets where people are calling Tony Khan a dog wanking liar.

Genuinely, I thought he had died. He was stiff and his face was lifeless. There was a good 40 seconds where I thought we'd seen a death on screen. The fact he was allowed to climb a scaffold after that was fucking obscene. I dont blame Hardy. He's essentially on autopilot. His mentality is to keep going. Its up to those in charge to make sure he's safe.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I just don't get why they would even take that risk to allow him to carry on. Call it, be done with it and revisit the match some other time.

It was a random match in the middle of the card. I really don't think it was a showstopper - and even then, it it was the main event then health still comes first.

Such a bizarre decision, especially when no one's talking about who won the match or how they won it etc etc. The only talking point surrounding it is now Hardy's health and the shitty treatment. They haven't won anything by pressing forward with it.

• Paid Members

Ref Aubrey looked scared shitless, then Sammy tried to pick him up and carry on (that's not on Sammy, he was looking around a lot and I presume he was told to carry on) then Hardy stumbled and fell straight away was horrifying. 

The whole spot was daft, two piddly little tables that were close to the scaffold for them to fall on? It'll be interesting to see if the Bucks poke fun of the Crash Mats of NXT now. They may look abit shittier, but if it protects someone braining themselves on concrete then I'd rather it look slightly shittier.

Edited by Nick James

On 9/6/2020 at 10:41 AM, The King Of Swing said:

Did Anna Jay have a wardrobe malfunction? Maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.

Every fucking episode she's on, he's at it, with some or other related comment. Can't she just be there, without being a vixen, jezebel or whichever qualitiies his warped, old mind attributes to her? Even if he's thinking it, ffs have the awareness not to say it. Dirty old man.

Edited by KingofSports

Hardy nearly dies in a match he is supposed to win. Could have ended handicapped with a broken skull / back whatever...

Ref gives the X sign and Sammy yells at her to start a 10 count. So she starts a 10 count, basically forcing Hardy to stand up. 

Stop being marks for that oldskool ‘hardman’ wrestling bullshit. ‘The show must go on’ BS.

Call it a no contest, get the camera off and call the fucking ambulance.

Edited by LWOLeN

17 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Hardy nearly dies in a match he is supposed to win. Could have ended handicapped with a broken skull / back whatever...

Ref gives the X sign and Sammy yells at her to start a 10 count. So she starts a 10 count, basically forcing Hardy to stand up. 

Stop being marks for that oldskool ‘hardman’ wrestling bullshit. ‘The show must go on’ BS.

Call it a no contest, get the camera off and call the fucking ambulance.

Even if Sammy won - who gives a fuck at that point? Hardly like they don't have the opportunity to write something different down the line. Of all the matches to worry about endings and who was going to win etc, it really wasn't one that really mattered in the slightest.

I really thought his hair spread out on the floor was a pool of blood for a few seconds. Scary shit!

I want to be fair to Sammy & Aubrey in that they are plunged into this situation, presumably without a producer on hand to say this is how it ends. Calling for a 10 count sounds smart to me because you would assume Hardy isn't getting up. Then the match could end in accordance with wrestling's internal logic.

When we've seen Audrey give the "x" and the commentary team have told us it's over to carry on just looks daft, on top of the obvious health risks.

It's been well observed on here that AEW do learn from their mistakes, so let's hope it applies to situations like this as well as storytelling, gimmicks & angles.

BTW, on the subject of Hangman.

One of my favourite things on AEW is the little bits of info on his name card.

"Zero days sober" or such like.

Saturday night's said " not bothered what goes here anymore" or words to that effect. So it looks like a little bit of fun being taken away.

I guess the next chapter of Page's story will be a bit more serious.

Who cares about finishing the match or wrestling’s internal logic. A guys just smacked his head on a concrete floor from 10 or 12ft and for all we or anybody else knew could‘ve been bleeding on his brain, cut away and get him to a fucking hospital

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Whilst I’m happy they’re pulling the trigger on Lance Archer I’m also disappointed Eddie Kingston didn’t win the Battle Royale.

He did.

#UnderTheBottomRope #Truther

• Paid Members

The Hardy thing was a mess. For starters, the stipulation was pointless. Did anyone really believe Hardy was going to leave AEW? Did even one person buy the PPV because of it? I’d be very surprised.

Yet they decided to put his health - and Sammy’s for that matter - at risk because of a stipulation that nobody really cared about.

Fuck off. Stop the match, make sure he’s all right and then figure out a way to bring him back down the road. It’s not like it’s an actual rule or anything. It’s their show. Stick him under a mask or something.

I don't understand why they let Hardy continue the match. The ref did her job well and put up the X sign to get help and stopped the match. You can see her stalling Sammy for a bit etc. They should of just called the match a no contest and allowed the match to take place at a later date when it is safe for Hardy to do so. I am no medical expert but you cannot clear medical tests in like two mins no way. Even in the NFL they take like 10 15 mins. There was no need for the finish of the match to take place at all. Just glad he is OK really worried and really upset by the whole thing that really put things in perspective. The guy has young kids sometimes wrestlers need to look at the bigger picture regardless of what they think about the show must continue that they a conditioned with.

Edited by scouseman

1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

The Hardy thing was a mess. For starters, the stipulation was pointless. Did anyone really believe Hardy was going to leave AEW? Did even one person buy the PPV because of it? I’d be very surprised.

Yet they decided to put his health - and Sammy’s for that matter - at risk because of a stipulation that nobody really cared about.

Fuck off. Stop the match, make sure he’s all right and then figure out a way to bring him back down the road. It’s not like it’s an actual rule or anything. It’s their show. Stick him under a mask or something.

Bringing him back is easy. Just have him claim only one of his personas has left AEW. Could even just keep on going until all of them have left. That match should have ended one way or the other right then

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Who cares about finishing the match or wrestling’s internal logic. 

In the cold light of day, no one with an ounce of common sense or compassion.

I was just trying to put myself in the position of those involved and show a bit of empathy whilst trying to make sense of what happened and why.

I imagine (and anyone that's been involved in the wrestling business can set me straight on this) that front of camera performers want to maintain the illusion of genuine competition at all times. That's what I thought I was watching and if Hardy hadn't got up and walked to the ring he would have been straight into an ambulance and all would have been well. 

Edited by Just Some Guy
Horrific wording