The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Whilst I’m happy they’re pulling the trigger on Lance Archer I’m also disappointed Eddie Kingston didn’t win the Battle Royale.

He did.

#UnderTheBottomRope #Truther

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

The Hardy thing was a mess. For starters, the stipulation was pointless. Did anyone really believe Hardy was going to leave AEW? Did even one person buy the PPV because of it? I’d be very surprised.

Yet they decided to put his health - and Sammy’s for that matter - at risk because of a stipulation that nobody really cared about.

Fuck off. Stop the match, make sure he’s all right and then figure out a way to bring him back down the road. It’s not like it’s an actual rule or anything. It’s their show. Stick him under a mask or something.

I don't understand why they let Hardy continue the match. The ref did her job well and put up the X sign to get help and stopped the match. You can see her stalling Sammy for a bit etc. They should of just called the match a no contest and allowed the match to take place at a later date when it is safe for Hardy to do so. I am no medical expert but you cannot clear medical tests in like two mins no way. Even in the NFL they take like 10 15 mins. There was no need for the finish of the match to take place at all. Just glad he is OK really worried and really upset by the whole thing that really put things in perspective. The guy has young kids sometimes wrestlers need to look at the bigger picture regardless of what they think about the show must continue that they a conditioned with.

Edited by scouseman
1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

The Hardy thing was a mess. For starters, the stipulation was pointless. Did anyone really believe Hardy was going to leave AEW? Did even one person buy the PPV because of it? I’d be very surprised.

Yet they decided to put his health - and Sammy’s for that matter - at risk because of a stipulation that nobody really cared about.

Fuck off. Stop the match, make sure he’s all right and then figure out a way to bring him back down the road. It’s not like it’s an actual rule or anything. It’s their show. Stick him under a mask or something.

Bringing him back is easy. Just have him claim only one of his personas has left AEW. Could even just keep on going until all of them have left. That match should have ended one way or the other right then

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Who cares about finishing the match or wrestling’s internal logic. 

In the cold light of day, no one with an ounce of common sense or compassion.

I was just trying to put myself in the position of those involved and show a bit of empathy whilst trying to make sense of what happened and why.

I imagine (and anyone that's been involved in the wrestling business can set me straight on this) that front of camera performers want to maintain the illusion of genuine competition at all times. That's what I thought I was watching and if Hardy hadn't got up and walked to the ring he would have been straight into an ambulance and all would have been well. 

Edited by Just Some Guy
Horrific wording
42 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

Bringing him back is easy. Just have him claim only one of his personas has left AEW. Could even just keep on going until all of them have left. That match should have ended one way or the other right then

I know it's only minor compared to the much more serious of a father nearly dying on PPV, but it's this kind of thing that adds to the nonsensical match booking. Not only that a Loser Leaves match is perfect angle fodder for a character with multiple personalities, but that the two massively high risk stunts were, unless I missed something in the build, utterly irrelevant to either character. When has Sammy ever done a spear? And why hurl Matt AND himself off when making Matt fall has exactly the same effect? Beyond chucking himself off the stage that one time with a 450 splash from hell, it didn't fit. If anything, a first blood match off the back of busting each other open Hardaway in the build would have looked more violent but actually been lot safer than the concrete human basketball they went with.

• Paid Members

From they have brought back 500 fans or whatever it is, the atmosphere has sounded like a graveyard compared with the twenty or so wrestlers that have surrounded the ring for months. I was waiting for the tumbleweeds to turn up the whole time. 

Complete nonsense that whole Matt Hardy situation was. I hope he's going to be ok and can make a full recovery. That they decided to continue that match in the manner they did, as well as feed you shite on commentary all night after it about Hardy passing tests, it was a mess from start to finish.

Anybody that has read anything about concussions for even five minutes will have learnt that one of the most common side effects of a concussion is that the injured party is likely to think they are fine and protest that they can continue what they are doing when they clearly aren't and can't. AEW need to learn from this, and sharpish. 

Dustin Rhodes. If anybody didn't know, now you know. This man needs a title run. We've known that for donkeys, and whenever he gets the chance he just proves it again and again. 

Jericho Vs Cassidy was better than their second match. Nice dunk by Jericho in the juice. 

The tag title match told a good story I thought. I'm glad that little by little it's becoming more clear that they know it has to be Omega and the Bucks that go heel. They can't hold off much longer on Page getting the big push against a heel Omega, and may have already have missed the peak chance, which is understandable with not wanting to commit too much during these Covid shows at first. The bit with the table post match was a bit naff, but overall I thought this was good. I'd have had the tag titles main event. If they are supposed to be really important, they need to main event some time. This was a big enough match to do it. 

Darby Allin is going to kill himself. Felt sick watching that too.

Yeah the Darby bumps are getting worse. If he's that desperate to brain himself then they should tell him to go do it elsewhere.

And in a battle royal that no one will remember by Wednesday of all matches.

Last thing they need after the Hardy shambles is Darby fucking himself up.

I'm all for giving the talent more freedom but there comes a time when management or whoever needs to learn to say no.

As soon as Hardy smacked his head and then they let the match continue, I just couldn't get back into the zone to enjoy the rest of the PPV. Before that, you had Darby getting powerbombed to the outside in a body bag, then the match after Hardy and Guevara you had Thunder Rosa nearly hitting her head on the steps. Ridiculous.

Why do they keep risking serious head/neck/brain injuries that can occur from these stupid stunts, potentially career and life threatening.

44 minutes ago, digitalversicolor said:

As soon as Hardy smacked his head and then they let the match continue, I just couldn't get back into the zone to enjoy the rest of the PPV. Before that, you had Darby getting powerbombed to the outside in a body bag, then the match after Hardy and Guevara you had Thunder Rosa nearly hitting her head on the steps. Ridiculous.

Why do they keep risking serious head/neck/brain injuries that can occur from these stupid stunts, potentially career and life threatening.

Moves and flips and star ratings are the most important thing to the vast majority of this generation of wrestlers.

The Hardy match being allowed to continue is all the more disappointing given that AEW apparently held some form of concussion symposium with Chris Nowinski and his team before last year's All Out. Also disappointing that Tony Khan doesn't appreciate that a concussed brain can show up as 'normal' on both CT and MRI scans. 

9 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Moves and flips and star ratings are the most important thing to the vast majority of this generation of wrestlers.

And sadly the more they do, the more meaningless it becomes. The more they then have to do to get a reaction etc.

It's a vicious cycle unfortunately.

• Paid Members

The thing about AEW that I never expected but is a very welcome surprise is that when it start it was very much pushed as "wrestling not sports entertainment" but strangely I think they are really great and much better at angles, stories, promos, characters, gimmicks and sports entertainment stuff than the actual wrestling side of things which varies massively in quality from match to match. 

I hope they learn that hey maybe each match doesn't need 20 minutes and 5000 moves, the "sports entertainment" shit when done right will make you much more money and draw in the new fans and also less chance of the wrestlers dying.