The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Another excellent episode of Dynamite. Always felt like something was happening, whether it was a multi-man brawl, a backstage interview or Billy Mitchell.

Had a laugh when Dark Order did the Best Friends hug, and thought the Butcher looked insane. Ricky Starks vs Darby Allin was as good an opener as you'll get.

I'm not surprised to see jpegmafia turn up, I noticed the AEW Instagram was following him and they only really follow people involved in the company.  I'd love to see him make music for someone, he uses countless wrestling samples and throws in references in a majority of his songs.

Enjoyed the show but two moments annoyed me no end

1) When they do FTR vs Bucks, one of the teams is going to be face right. Bucks aren't fully heel yet but if you're superkicking Uncle Tony you might as well be a heel, so why are you having them be dickheads heels. Unless Omega turning on Page eventually causes Bucks to side with Page in the long run

2) Jungle Boy and Fenix are in the tournament? If they are doing W-L records as deciding factors into who gets title opportunities then those two shouldn't be in the tourney. Maybe that's the real reason Hangman was pissed off

Edited by Tsurutagun

Another fun episode of Dynamite, and I'm really interested to see where Jericho/MJF is going. I'm starting to wonder if he'll steal at least some of The Inner Circle away from Jericho. Jericho/Hager vs. MJF/Wardlow seems inevitable (and explains the decision to pair Hager with Jericho rather than continue the Sammy/Jericho pairing - so we get Hager vs. Wardlow) but the direction from there is anyone's guess. 

The best thing about AEW is that you know that short of circumstances outwith their control, you know their storylines will have a pay-off so there's every reason to invest in what they're doing. 

As far as the title tournament goes, is this to determine Moxley's opponent at Full Gear or is the final at Full Gear? I didn't quite catch that. 

• Paid Members

One main thing throughout the whole show that really made me roll my eyes, was, shock, you guessed it, Brandi Rhodes. 

Not only was the flip onto the Dark Order pointless and looked awkward, especially when Brodie just walked by her, the brawl with Anna Jay was super awkward as well.

The crowd singing Jerichos theme has worn thin, now. 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

I thought it was alright. I've no real interest in seeing her wrestle but she's fine jumping into Cody's affairs from time to time and then getting battered by Anna Jay. I thought the segment worked really well leading into the Anny Jay/Brandi fight, then Nia Rose jumping that lass. They do this really well, transition into other things that keeps the shows moving fast and also ensures nobody has the old "nothing for them". To be honest, I thought they could have done more with the segment, perhaps a tag team getting involved with the Dark Order to set up something for them. Maybe even Adam Page coming out early to beat up some DO nerds.

Brandi is fucking terrible, those forearms/tit elbows her and Anna were throwing were diabolical...... Grab hair, stick your thumb in their eye, anything except doing the worst impression of an overplayed indy spot. 

Was Cody's promo supposed to be you broke me physically but not mentally? Because he rambled a lot....... I don't know if I loved or hated his shoes. 

I love ftr, but I don't need to see them have their match every week, its going to get old fast if they just have cold matches. 

Who's the heel in the young bucks/ftr match? 

As a fellow large man, I symphatise with the blade, when you get hit with humidity it's like lead in your boots, and he was running on fumes 90% of the match. 

Starks/allin was fun, bit weird that they played it like a feud ender with a clean Darby win. 

Hangman's face when he realised Kenny was in the tournament~~~

Overall a fairly throwaway episode, but they can't all be home runs, looking forward to next week.