Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

He's setting the bar high there, I'm sure. I remember when I listened to his podcast one time he demonstrated how metal Fozzy were by playing their cover of Abba's SOS. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

I like the idea of the US SNL but even watching it a bit on Sky it's not great. Overlong sketches with people doing silly voices that make no sense.  

I've heard that the reason the sketches are always way too long is because they spend a lot of time and money on the sets and want to get the most out them. Considering the show's been going on for nearly 50 years it's pretty incredible that they've never found a solution for this. 

Former SNL writers like Conan O'Brien & John Mulaney have talked in length about how insane show weeks are, times when they would sometimes be in the writers room for over 24 hours at a time trying to put ideas together.  

Its not as though they can write shows in their Summer breaks, ready for the new season to begin. They start each Monday morning with a blank slate that needs turning into an hour-long variety show later that same week.

I just watch the cold open & Weekend Update parts on YouTube most weeks.

22 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He's setting the bar high there, I'm sure. I remember when I listened to his podcast one time he demonstrated how metal Fozzy were by playing their cover of Abba's SOS. 

“Who’d ever expect a metal band to cover ABBA, huh?”

Probably the several ABBA Metal Tribute albums that had come out a decade before you did it Chris.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than spend Christmas with this lot.

This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life.