Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Got a notification on Facebook yesterday that somebody I follow was livestreaming something called the "Poke the woke podcast." I followed the link for curiousity, and after abut 5 seconds knew it was exactly as crap and problematic as the name implied. Weirdly it looks like it's produced, but not presented, by a couple of people who are associated with Kevin Smith. I wouldn't have thought he'd have anything to do with those types.

I know a little about it. I subscribe to Shared Universe on YouTube. Not listened to/watched Poke the Woke but my understanding is Shared Universe is a podcast studio which is owned Ming and Mike from Comic Book Men. They are paid to produce and distribute the podcasts but don't have anything to do with the content. A pay to play type of deal. Kevin Smith has nothing to do with Shared Universe except that Mike also runs The Secret Stash shop which Kevin owns and Ming may do tech stuff him.

• Paid Members

Don't get me started, Brewster. I just literally sat through a home improvement show where the people look at what their gaff will be like through the medium of VR hemlet, plants and bookshelves and all, followed by a bastard episode of Tipping Point because a cousin she's never met in the UK was a contestant