Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

It should be rejoins, of course: he's done a stint there before, fitting right in and, ironically, calling for something to be cancelled because it offended his sensibilities:

piers-morgann-1536x571.jpg

I'm sure he edited the Bizarre section in The Sun when I was a kid. How many editors of that section (and the NOTW equivalent) DIDN'T turn out to be complete wankers? Dan Wootton and Andy Coulson had stints editing those features for a while, too.

30 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm sure he edited the Bizarre section in The Sun when I was a kid. How many editors of that section (and the NOTW equivalent) DIDN'T turn out to be complete wankers? Dan Wootton and Andy Coulson had stints editing those features for a while, too.

Gordon Smart was always the biggest cunt for me. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Bushell. 

Garry Bushell was the most despised person in my house growing up, both my parents thought he was a terrible cunt. Which speaks volumes in Thatchers Britain.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Bushell. 

Aye. Grade A+ wanker.

ADDED: Is that guy doing the gay kiss in "Eastenders" not a Lord or something now.? Yes, he is. Labour party. Lord Cashman sounds like a great grappling name.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

54 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Aye. Grade A+ wanker.

ADDED: Is that guy doing the gay kiss in "Eastenders" not a Lord or something now.? Yes, he is. Labour party. Lord Cashman sounds like a great grappling name.

Christine Oddy was a Coventry MEP, friend of Dave Nellist and always at the heart of community projects. She was always Labours 1st name on the European elections. Then Blair came to power and bumped her down to 7th and put Cashman at 1st. Caused quite the outrage at the time because all her great community work wasn’t considered and she was a left winger sidelined for a centrist celebrity. She stood as an independent but narrowly lost. We lost a good one there. 

EDIT - Actually I think she was a West Midlands MEP, not Coventry. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Christine Oddy was a Coventry MEP, friend of Dave Nellist and always at the heart of community projects. She was always Labours 1st name on the European elections. Then Blair came to power and bumped her down to 7th and put Cashman at 1st. Caused quite the outrage at the time because all her great community work wasn’t considered and she was a left winger sidelined for a centrist celebrity. She stood as an independent but narrowly lost. We lost a good one there. 

EDIT - Actually I think she was a West Midlands MEP, not Coventry. 

If I can don my nerd hat for a sec*, before 1999 British MEPs represented single-member seats so there probably was one specifically for the Coventry/Nuneaton/Warwick area, and no lists. From 1999 to 2020 (sniff) it was regional multi-member constituencies, so there were a handful representing the whole of the West Midlands.

*[jk, I wear it all the time]

Edited by Fog Dude

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Midlands Central? Sounds more like an ITV network franchise than a constituency, to be honest.

Bob Warman overseeing all, obviously. Smooth as silk. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Bob Warman overseeing all, obviously. Smooth as silk. 

Fond memories of when Bob Hall was on sport and my mate at school would espouse the quality of Central News, held together by Scary Bob and Sporty Bob. I assume he was hoping for three more Bobs on the team to become apparent so he could have Spice Bobs, but it wasn’t to be.

• Paid Members

Got a notification on Facebook yesterday that somebody I follow was livestreaming something called the "Poke the woke podcast." I followed the link for curiousity, and after abut 5 seconds knew it was exactly as crap and problematic as the name implied. Weirdly it looks like it's produced, but not presented, by a couple of people who are associated with Kevin Smith. I wouldn't have thought he'd have anything to do with those types.