Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Charles Martinet is listed on the cast announcement. I get the "need" to cast Hollywood stars rather than competent voice actors, but they've got the voice of Mario in the movie. Probably just going to have him voice a minor character or just do "It's A-Me Mario" in the opening credits and that's it. 

They only need Charles Martinet and they've got half the movie cast already. Frank Welker would have been a good choice as Donkey Kong. 

• Paid Members

Saw an advert round at Mrs Jazzy's Uncle's while watching the stellar double bill of Man About The House followed by George & Mildred for a digital radio station called "Boom radio" claiming to be playing our music for our generation. 

https://www.boomradiouk.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwndCKBhAkEiwAgSDKQeramPoylj7kEEPuY5d88WU_wUc7s5bkZrNW_1Vkn3FTkU2ICuOMZxoCiMsQAvD_BwE

• Paid Members

I don't have a problem with the music policy, but would be a little concerned about what editorial content they may have... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Nothing in this thread will ever compare to that day in about 2006 when I rolled out of bed to see John Suchet in a toupee presenting Going For Gold on Channel 5.

I had hopes for it. But there was no  foreign players for me to be lazily xenophobic at (which was half the fun of Going for Gold. Bottle of Lucozade in hand shouting "Go on Sark, beat the Dutch nob! " while I'm pretending to be ill off school waiting for Helen Rollason doing Sport on Friday on BBC2), Suchet in a toupee, it was an hour show of which literally (not really, but it was often) 45 minutes was a quizmania phone in thing back before everyone in Televsion got twatted for it, and it had a tinny midi version of the chorus playing for the hour of the show in the back ground. 

Going in, I thought it'd be great. And after that day now I assume everything will be shit. From a Sunday dinner to a lazy wank. 

Edited by PowerButchi