The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Of course heels can be entertaining. You’re meant to enjoy watching them. As long as the reaction they illicit is that of booing and hissing they’re doing their job right. Cunts like Austin Theory get nothing, the crowd see right through him as the mid 2000’s era fitness model looking shit cunt throwback he is.

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Austin Theory is supposed to be an irritating character but he’s also an annoying twat outside of that.

Thankfully for you, you’re not watching WWE after Night 2, so it won’t be much more of an issue for you going forward.

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I don’t buy into that logic. If you don’t want to watch someone it’s not an example of a ‘great heel’ - you should want to see them get their arses kicked; but you can be entertained by them along the way. Look at other strong heels in modern wrestling - Christian Cage, Roman Reigns, Swerve Strickland and Dominic Mysterio - entertaining for sure, but you absolutely want to see them get their arses kicked. 

Same goes for villains outside of wrestling - if you don’t want to watch them, that’s not an example of a great character. You can hate them, but feel compelled to watch. I don’t feel that way about Stratton. 

Again though, I’m not in the majority here - most people seem massively entertained by her, so she’s clearly working. Not in everything in wrestling needs to appeal to everyone. She’s clearly going to be an enormous star, my opinion is irrelevant- if I was Triple H, I’d be giving her an enormous push too in spite of how I feel about the character.

I don't necessarily disagree - and the examples you gave did make me rethink the point about still disliking someone who is entertaining.
I completely agree that making you not want to watch someone at all is the worst thing any performer can do. I guess it's a fine line.
As an example, I cant stand James Corden. Nothing entertaining about him as far as I'm concerned. Hugely annoying, completely smug, unfunny, untalented prick BUT I would watch anything he was on if there was the chance I got to see someone hit him with a chair. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Thankfully for you, you’re not watching WWE after Night 2, so it won’t be much more of an issue for you going forward.

He was named during speaking out as sending inappropriate messages to a 13 year old. But I’m glad you got to reuse your joke from the other day. So in that spirit,

Something something bus, something something bus wanker.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

10 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

If Solo taking control of The Bloodline and adding his own members leads to a confrontation with Roman where he asks Solo what gave him the right and Solo gets to say “I did it for The Rock” then I will be fucking ecstatic!

I don't know if I'm getting senile with age but I love this. I can see all the awful social media posts throwing rumors and bollocks up about that's why Austin didn't appear etc as he is getting ready for a hell in a cell inferno death match at Wrestlemania against the rock. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Isn't she meant to be? She's a cocky arrogant mean girl heel. I always assumed she should be irritating. I enjoy it and I think she's great in that role.

This phrase makes me think they need to get her a tag team partner. And some pigeons.

Just kidding, I’d never advocate for a Beautiful People knock off unless Little Miss Bliss was back on the active roster.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:48 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

The most interesting thing about Solo is how he can seemingly turn aura on or off.

Sometimes he can be either completely anonymous or wallpaper or window dressing. Other times he can completely chew scenery and dominate attention.

If its an ability he has, he's got a bright future. If it's accidental, he's going to have to work really hard to maintain his level throughout his career.

When he switches it on though, there's really something there.

This is probably the best description of Sikoa I've ever read. I think he's exceptional, and the one thing that stands out is aura. Its always seemed to me like there are very subtle changes in intensity and mannerism depending on his level of involvement. I'd hope it's because he's smart enough to know when to take a step back and avoid distracting attention from where people should be looking. It could simply be his level of focus and concentration, in which case it is something he'll have some control over. He just seems to be totally committed to looking like an ill natured bad ass, and I've been appreciating his work, even if it's something like refusing to show any hint of personality when The Rocks making jokes. Unfortunately I think Tama Tonga is for the birds, but I'm optimistic about Sikoa, even if he is just Rocks chief goon. 

Edited by Donald J Trump
Spelling error

Surely Tama is going to be good though? The formula dictates that if you are ‘good in Japan’ you are actually not good in the US. Everyone has said he was bad in Japan and therefore you would assume he is going to be amazing in the US? 

I really need to stop holding it against people when they start at the bottom in WWE and they're a similar age to me. You'd think I'd find it encouraging and would be rooting for them out of a sense of brotherhood but I have to catch myself from thinking "who is this old cunt?". There are probably loads of examples of people who've had similar starts, and it's a good thing that we don't need to worry about getting Orton'd with them for the next 3 decades. 

• Paid Members

Solo was excellent at WrestleMania. Barking orders at Reigns - that wasn't done on the fly, they'll feed back into that further down the line, and in a way they already have with what happened on Friday. He's been used superbly since he arrived, not over-exposed at all but positioned as extremely dangerous.

I found it funny that Solo was going on about how wins and losses matter, yet since beating John Cena at the Saudi event back in October he has lost all but one of his TV matches since, and even that ended in a no contest.

Agree that at Mania he was excellent though, and he looked like a killer on this episode of Smackdown so hopefully he can maintain it and become the new tribal chief.

Has Jacob Fatu signed too?

Edited by The King of Old School

Just now, The King of Old School said:

Has Jacob Fatu signed too?

Apparently so, I'd also missed that news until someone pointed it out. I've no idea if he's any good, though. 

The one area in which Solo is lacking for me, is his mic skills. I'm not sold on him as a long term top level wrestler for that reason. I guess you can work around it; perhaps a fearful Paul Heyman could act as his manager even after Reigns returns. 

6 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Apparently so, I'd also missed that news until someone pointed it out. I've no idea if he's any good, though. 

The one area in which Solo is lacking for me, is his mic skills. I'm not sold on him as a long term top level wrestler for that reason. I guess you can work around it; perhaps a fearful Paul Heyman could act as his manager even after Reigns returns. 

I fucking LOVE the idea of a Game of Thrones style run for Paul, where he is the terrified aide of a King he can't abide but equally can't escape.

Fucking hell.

Incredible idea.

• Paid Members

Heyman would excel there. He already portrayed conflict really well when it was dawning on him that he'd soon need to choose between Reigns and Lesnar.