The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Gotta do something while Roman and Rock are away. Cody vs AJ will at least sound more like a main than Priest vs Jey.

• Paid Members

I know there’s a difference between real age and WWE TV age, but it’s still funny Tama Tonga is considered the younger generation when he’s three years older than Roman Reigns. Also, I don’t really want to spoil anything for anyone, but Tama Tonga is rubbish. Do not get your hopes up.

Plus, no video package for him, so obviously the worst thing ever. How are we supposed to know who he is?!

• Paid Members

If anyone fancies getting their “good in Japan” trope ready, he was good in a tag where the whole was definitely greater than the sum of its parts - like Gallows & Anderson, really - and while reports of some of his singles matches being decent weren’t complete lies, they were similar to the best of Bernard/Tensai. You knew you’d watched a decent match but where the other guy had far more to do with it turning out that way.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Plus, no video package for him, so obviously the worst thing ever. How are we supposed to know who he is?!

I know what you're doing here, and it's hilarious that you're still rattled by those criticisms, but the serious answer is that you're not supposed to show video packages for surprise debuts. The commentators reacted according and were quick to explain to the audience that Tama is the son of Haku.

58 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

The beat down was great business I thought. Heyman screaming and implying Roman doesn't want this? Heel Rock vs Face Roman it is then. 

Yeah, this is surely where it’s all heading - I don’t mind them slowly building to the reveal of Rock masterminding the ‘new’ Bloodline, or whatever it ends up being called. I’m all for heel Rock vs face Roman.  Perhaps I’m in the minority, but a Reigns/Usos vs Solo/Tonga/Jacob Fatu match definitely interests me, if it’s the precursor to Rock revealing himself as the mastermind behind all of this. 

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Blah blah Bloodline blah blah NO. TIFFY TIME.

Again, I reckon I’m in the minority - but am I the only person on here that finds the Stratton character massively irritating? She’s tremendous in ring; but the gimmick really grates on me.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know what you're doing here, and it's hilarious that you're still rattled by those criticisms, but the serious answer is that you're not supposed to show video packages for surprise debuts. The commentators reacted according and were quick to explain to the audience that Tama is the son of Haku.

That's the joke.

Cody v AJ should be fun, don't believe they've ever faced each other have they?

Makes sense to keep the Bloodline going for an eventual Rock v Roman feud at least, and you can get a Roman v Solo match out of things before then too.  

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Cody v AJ should be fun, don't believe they've ever faced each other have they?

No. A four month spell in 2016 in WWE is the only time they were working in the same place and AJ and Stardust did not cross paths at that time.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That Kevin Owen’s backstage bit was phenomenal, even knocking off CM Punks shirt. This was not 

If you don’t know the reference 

Reveal hidden contents

Cody has a tendency to drop in references that whistle past people's head.

Again, I preface this by saying that I loved his return and am delighted he finished his story, but he is a bizarre alien of a man, who's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is. I think the root of so much of his act is the alien impulse to imitate the humans he admires, and copy the sort of thing he thinks big stars do; wear the suit (but get it slightly wrong by being OTT), get tattoos (but get it slightly wrong by being OTT) and talk with intelligence (but get it slightly wrong by being OTT). I think the insider references fit in the same bracket, as it's a well worn trope in wrestling, but he goes a bit too deep, a bit too niche and no one really gets it.

I still haven't unclenched from his oblique Bullet Club reference the other week that no one got. Something to do with cufflinks.

Still... WOAAAA-OOAAAAHHHH!!

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Solo as the temp leader until The Rock comes back just works. He's a killer heel. 

His justification was that loses have consequences. He’s had 24 matches in 2024. Drawn 1, lost 23.

• Paid Members

The casting out of Jimmy also surely points towards an eventual Usos reconciliation and long game, Roman & Usos vs Bloodline black n white.