The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Yeah, and it would have given a more logical reason to introduce Dom to the mix too. 

Seems to me they've ended up with the tag they are doing rather than Rey vs Santos (mask vs hair?) as they wanted to get Dom a Mania match, so had him reinsert himself into his dad's business. 

If they'd had set up a faction vs faction lucha tag thing (maybe do it captain's fall as WWE seem less afraid to stretch their audience's mental capacity these days) Dom could have been brought in to make up LdF's shortfall in numbers. 

On 3/31/2024 at 9:28 AM, FUM said:

What an absolute shite announcement that tag match was. All primed for either Rey’s career being on the line or a hair v mask singles match. Crickets for Dragon Lee too - the kids good but the audience don’t give a shit for him yet.

Yeah was naf. Why they couldn't just go for some sort of Rey vs Escobar one of one, or some massive gang warfare match.

If they went with the latter, they could of done a much better job of building it up. Introducing new members and alliances over the course of several weeks instead of "OH HEY... DOMS ON OUR SIDE.... AND DRAGON LEE IS LWO?!?!?!?!!"

Ugh... I hate it when they try to shoehorn in a non sensicle match.

Christ, this show made me even more bummed for night two.

Lashleys lot against Kross, LA Knight vs AJ and Bayley v Iyo are just dead matches. The video package for the women was good, but the fued itself has been poor

The two World Title matches really need to deliver as Sunday is a dreadful card overall 

It does feel like there's a lot of rush jobs/dead matches on the undercards both nights. I guess even X-Seven had a hokey Jericho/Regal feud, thrown together Right to Censor tag and anonymous European Title match, though. 

I suppose some stuff will always pale in comparison to the mega hyped stuff. Some of the build for this stuff seems to have just happened in the unconscious though. Granted I've mostly had it on in the background but it feels like the Uso match hasn't had any build to speak of. It just turned up announced one day. Jey's easy to keep hot but poor Jimmy's just the bloke who points up at the sky for Roman to me, nowadays. 

• Paid Members

The maddest thing is that some form of Rey Mysterio vs. Santos Escobar has been penciled in for Mania for about eight months. A proper slow burn. And yet, in the final stretch it’s as if Vince Russo has become script consultant. Whole thing’s a rushed mess.

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The maddest thing is that some form of Rey Mysterio vs. Santos Escobar has been penciled in for Mania for about eight months. A proper slow burn. And yet, in the final stretch it’s as if Vince Russo has become script consultant. Whole thing’s a rushed mess.

I do like the idea that they booked the Dragon Lee announcement, the crowd didn't love it and as he headed back through the curtain last week Triple H was just there like 'sorry, mate'.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Rock and Cody. Sami and Chad. Dragon Lee, Carlito and Andrade. You’d think Hunter has some type of blind spot for being a snide prick, stealing spots. Road Dogg’s probably gonna be Rey’s partner by the time Wrestlemania actually starts, despite not even shagging Ryan Shamrock. 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Supremo said:

Rock and Cody. Sami and Chad. Dragon Lee, Carlito and Andrade. You’d think Hunter has some type of blind spot for being a snide prick, stealing spots. 

Becky turning heel on snide prick Charlotte in 2018 and it not working how they imagined, also comes to mind.

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Chad

Didn’t even get his advertised battle royal spot. Neither did Andrade or Nakamura. Must have been confusing for the crowd in attendance to be missing 3 of the front row from the match graphic.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I worried WWE would go on an MCU-style skid after Wrestlemania: Endgame. Tama Tonga turning up did nothing to quell those concerns. A Ms. Marvel or Hawkeye plunge in quality. Solo and Tama Tonga now running The Bloodline? Absolutely stinks of Horace Hogan and Stevie Ray.

On the plus side, this is the most beautiful image ever created by mankind. Hang it in The Louvre.

IMG_8041.thumb.jpeg.62104f9f662394c293baf57fbd03bab3.jpeg

I prayed for this and it happened.

*Calmly nudges some CM Punk T-shirts off a table to conclude this post.

Edited by Supremo

25 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I worried WWE would go on an MCU-style skid after Wrestlemania: Endgame. Tama Tonga turning up did nothing to quell those concerns. A Ms. Marvel or Hawkeye plunge in quality. Solo and Tama Tonga now running The Bloodline? Absolutely stinks of Horace Hogan and Stevie Ray.

On the plus side, this is the most beautiful image ever created by mankind. Hang it in The Louvre.

IMG_8041.thumb.jpeg.62104f9f662394c293baf57fbd03bab3.jpeg

I prayed for this and it happened.

*Calmly nudges some CM Punk T-shirts off a table to conclude this post.

The beat down was great business I thought. Heyman screaming and implying Roman doesn't want this? Heel Rock vs Face Roman it is then. 

Yeah, I'm not hugely arsed by Tama Tonga or Jacob Fatu or whatever other last minute ingredients they chuck in the stew to bulk it out.

I'd have been perfectly happy if the word 'Bloodline' had been retired until Roman and Rock were ready to come back.

Alas.

Maybe Manu can make a comeback?

AJ Styles vs Cody should be a fun nothing title match. As much as I love him, Cody's promos can be unlistenably annoying if you're not in the mood. A 'wartime overture' was it? You absolute sausage. Never change.