The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

“One of those rental cars belongs to Kevin Owens, and the other, your boy Tama Tonga’s!”

IMG_8097.thumb.jpeg.b6127d70ee689b1c62273fb0b75df88f.jpeg

CM Punk is going to hit the fucking roof!

Good show.

He’s in the difficult Kane role as the first Title Challenger after someone wins at Wrestlemania, meaning there’s less than zero drama or doubt of the result, but fair play to AJ Styles. I swear these last two weeks is the most he’s actually tried in years. Seems getting the main event at Backlash has injected some much needed motivation. Alongside a shit load of steroids, obviously.

I was going to be a dickhead and point out that with the time difference Cody’s promo made no sense. For him to acknowledge AJ’s win it would mean he was still at the o2 arena, still in his gear, at something mad like half one in the morning. Except it’s Cody, so it wouldn’t be surprising at all for him to stay at a show hours after it finishes to give every single person a photo and autograph. The man is the best.

New tag belts are absolutely gorgeous.

Impressive showing from the Street Profits. Glad to see them being showcased again. That mad dive from Montez to the outside is glorious! Like he’s flying through your TV!

Really good angle with The Bloodline. Solo dressed in his Sunday best was funny. Like a football hooligan appearing in court. He’s doing a spectacular job staging this coup though. Really delivering on the mic. Tama Tonga came across great as a complete nutter, too. Heyman’s acting is a bit much, but what can you do. There isn’t a bigger fan of Bloodline melodrama than Paul Heyman himself. Man is high as fuck on the smell of his own farts.

Shout out to Triple H. Talking bollocks on Logan Paul’s podcast the week of Mania about how blood and swearing needs to be used, “in moderation,” and only when, “it really matters.” Took him a fortnight before he used blood again, with Kevin Owens covered in it here. You’re fooling no-one, Hunter. You’re as big a geek for this stuff as the rest of us. Blood is cool.

Triple H when asked about blood in a public setting, requiring a professional answer.

IMG_8101.gif.c4557e4755463a13501ebf0fda4e30e6.gif

Triple H actually booking his shows.

IMG_8104.gif.92f626735f6bc6b0b01488b30945556f.gif

Edited by Supremo

4 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

New tag titles, 6 stars! Best new belt since the UK Title.

Was going to post exactly the same thing. Beyond perfection really compared to what we have had and the rumored designs. I liked the World Tag Titles but they look crap compared to these new WWE ones.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

He’s in the difficult Kane role as the first Title Challenger after someone wins at Wrestlemania, meaning there’s less than zero drama or doubt of the result, but fair play to AJ Styles. I swear these last two weeks is the most he’s actually tried in years. Seems getting the main event at Backlash has injected some much needed motivation. Alongside a shit load of steroids, obviously.

I was going to be a dickhead and point out that with the time difference Cody’s promo made no sense. For him to acknowledge AJ’s win it would mean he was still at the o2 arena, still in his gear, at something mad like half one in the morning. Except it’s Cody, so it wouldn’t be surprising at all for him to stay at a show hours after it finishes to give every single person a photo and autograph. The man is the best.

Luckily this year they've only got two weeks to fill to build it up. A quick promo from each of them and a face to face should do nicely. Few winks and nods to Bullet Club a mention or two of Dusty and TNA and you're good to go. Great thing about AJ at this point is he can take the loss and the match will probably be pretty good so it's not quite the same as a Kane based affair from long ago. 

To be fair to Cody still being at the O2 it can be a right bugger getting the tube after a big show so he was probably hanging around until things quieten down. 

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

CM Punk is going to hit the fucking roof!

This made me laugh out loud.

Another fun Smackdown. AJ and LA Knight work really well together. I’m intrigued as to where they’ll go with Knight after the draft. He’s still very over, and now that there are two World titles, the idea of a secondary World title reign should this remain the case doesn’t seem out of the question. 

Solo is doing a great job in his hostile takeover of The Bloodline. I can absolutely see this culminating in Roman eventually returning, telling Solo that he’d done a fantastic job in rebuilding The Bloodline and thanking him, only for Solo to tell him he didn’t do it for him, he ‘did it for The Rock’ (as brilliantly suggested by @Mr_Danger) and if that does happen, I’ll honestly have goosebumps. I’m all in for Rock/Roman at Wrestlemania next year, if that’s the plan. I still love everything Bloodline related, it’s so enjoyable. 

There was a point where I never thought I would feel positive about WWE’s booking again, let alone enthusiastic - but I’m finding myself feeling really excited about what’s to come after each show right now. 

(Aside from with NXT, with is still terrible.)

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m intrigued as to where they’ll go with Knight after the draft. He’s still very over, and now that there are two World titles, the idea of a secondary World title reign should this remain the case doesn’t seem out of the question.

Knight to Raw is a no brainer. He’s popular, they have a new heel champion, and you’d buy him as being able to beat Priest.

51 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Knight to Raw is a no brainer. He’s popular, they have a new heel champion, and you’d buy him as being able to beat Priest.

Sounds plausible, although he still strikes me as an obvious to end Logan Paul’s US title run. Maybe Logan and Sami switching brands is the way to do that, setting up a fresh range of opponents for Paul including, if he stays put, CM Punk. 

Knight is someone I'd love to see have a stint at a world title, I'm not even a massive fan or anything - he's just a throw back to the attitude era, in the way he reminds me of the kind of CAW you'd make on the early smackdown! Games or even wwf attitude. He would probably be called Johnny McBaddAss, his finisher is the stunner and every signeture move is a late 90s WWE main event finisher. 

Dx shirt, white boots. Dog tags, sunglasses, weight lighting belt, bandana, Bret Hart tights. 

Super kick into a tombstone to set up the people's elbow, before hitting the liontamer, and then releasing it to hit repetitive stunners, and then a 2 hour promo before you beat "my time" HHH for all the belts. Even the womens. 

Edited by SwayWays

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Sounds plausible, although he still strikes me as an obvious to end Logan Paul’s US title run. Maybe Logan and Sami switching brands is the way to do that, setting up a fresh range of opponents for Paul including, if he stays put, CM Punk. 

I'm not sure if Triple H is trying to re WCW/WWF up the brands which would mean the US title would fit on Raw or Re 2002 everything so it's more likely it stays on Smackdown.

The Logan Paul Levesque era needs to get tighter on security when it comes to fan signs.

Five minutes into Smackdown and I'd already died laughing twice at 'I yeeted all over myself' and 'AJ Cycles' signs. The latter was in the front row, too.

Phenomenal suit wearing by Solo. LOVE that he kept his handwraps on... it was like in a WWE game cutscene, where they layer an outfit onto the characters existing ring gear. You never know when you're going to need to thumb someone in the neck, I guess.

Paul Heyman/Solo is a tremendous dynamic. Great stuff.

It was a good episode, I suppose, but it absolutely reeks of that 'Post Mania, Pre Draft' season.

I think Knight to Raw makes sense, but I also wouldn't be against moving Priest, Drew and Punk to Smackdown, and Cody, Styles and someone like Logan Paul to Raw. Really mix it up.

I think Drew/Punk/Priest need to move as a package, because Drew/Punk when it happens will be the real main event programme on whatever show its on and Priest... God love him... isn't quite at main event level yet. I also want Cody as far away from the Bloodline as its possible to be. I'd draft him to Dynamite for a year if that's what I had to do.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

5 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

The Logan Paul Levesque era needs to get tighter on security when it comes to fan signs.

This follows “Bring back bra and panties matches” face on to hard cam, directly behind Rhea Ripley’s emotional promo on Raw this week.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, SwayWays said:

Knight is someone I'd love to see have a stint at a world title, I'm not even a massive fan or anything - he's just a throw back to the attitude era

And that's why he must be stopped at all costs.

16 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

And that's why he must be stopped at all costs.

Don’t shit on it so quickly. Seems like you could have a lot invested in a Damien Priest vs LA Knight loser leaves town match.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Knight and Styles really do work nicely together, although the finish felt a little rushed.  I’m all for Knight going to Raw to be World Champion, that opens up a bunch of pretty tasty matches.  Plus the salty tears from the boo boys would be entertaining.

Nice Strictly Business reference from Barrett.  WWE seem really happy with Aldis as GM but there’s still a bit of me that wants to see both him and Barrett back in the ring even for a cameo.  I keep hoping Barrett is going to do the Lawler spot in a Royal Rumble, leave the announce booth, enter the Rumble, get thrown out and return to commentary.