The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Mercedes and Jade are two entirely different beasts. And you can't discount the change in scenery for both as a big reason why they can be presented as big deals and feel fresh. WWE are doing a great job with Jade but there's a lot more opportunities there. If she'd stayed with AEW they couldn't have really done the same.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Mercedes and Jade are two entirely different beasts. And you can't discount the change in scenery for both as a big reason why they can be presented as big deals and feel fresh. WWE are doing a great job with Jade but there's a lot more opportunities there. If she'd stayed with AEW they couldn't have really done the same.

Careful, you'll summon him.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I mean, they tried to keep her - she chose to go to WWE. It wasn’t a case of them choosing Mone over Cargill. And as far as Mercedes goes, it’s literally been a few weeks, and she’s constantly being put in a position in which she’s always been weak, where she’s had to use her verbal skills. 

Didn't realise this was the case, haven't been watching AEW for very long so just assumed she'd been released. I'm sure Mone will come good as she's too good not to, but she's had a few appearances now and this one show from Cargill has blown anything she's done out the water. Excited for the inevitable Mone vs Nightingale match we'll get though. 

Anyway, Smackdown. 

26 minutes ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said:

Nice to see Jade on TV, always liked her work, but I have to wonder what there is for her to do on Smackdown. In my opinion the Smackdown women's scene has been pretty forgettable, so hopefully she can turn it around.

I wanna see her in a tag team with Belair.

Have them chased the belts for a few months, a solid run before losing them around Survivor Series, and after a Cargill heelturn, build for Belair vs Cargill for next year's mania.

1 hour ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said:

Nice to see Jade on TV, always liked her work, but I have to wonder what there is for her to do on Smackdown. In my opinion the Smackdown women's scene has been pretty forgettable, so hopefully she can turn it around.

I can see when Charlotte gets back her Vs Jade would be the natural feud. 

• Paid Members

They've got to be careful with whatever feud they give her first though. It has to be against someone who wouldn't be damaged by losing to her but who might be perceived a credible threat.

Who that would be, I've no idea, they're so bad at building up threats as has been evidenced in Ripley's title run.

22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They've got to be careful with whatever feud they give her first though. It has to be against someone who wouldn't be damaged by losing to her but who might be perceived a credible threat.

Who that would be, I've no idea, they're so bad at building up threats as has been evidenced in Ripley's title run.

Asuka isn’t a bad shout. Build off from Damage Control vs Jade, Bianca and Naomi to a singles feud. She’s a former champ, could definitely get a good match out of Jade and she isn’t currently in the main event scene so wouldn’t be damaged by the loss. They could also use Asuka’s history with a winning streak to launch Jade’s.

Who am I kidding, it’ll be Natalya.

Have her win the tag titles with Bianca, and begin the slow build to a match between the pair at Wrestlemania 41. That’ll allow her to work on all three shows, get a title on her early without rushing her to a World title and also save them from giving away too many big singles matches too soon. It also protects her a little if they’re still uncertain about her ring work.

What an absolute shite announcement that tag match was. All primed for either Rey’s career being on the line or a hair v mask singles match. Crickets for Dragon Lee too - the kids good but the audience don’t give a shit for him yet.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FUM said:

What an absolute shite announcement that tag match was. All primed for either Rey’s career being on the line or a hair v mask singles match. Crickets for Dragon Lee too - the kids good but the audience don’t give a shit for him yet.

I honestly thought when Rey was doing the tease for the partner it was going to be Andrade. I like Dragon Lee, bags of potential, future star, but this was the wrong time to use him. Absolute tumbleweed of an announcement, especially when the crowd were chanting for Carlito who was right there. 

Tag match is bollocks as well, go all out faction warfare. There's 5 on each side FFS.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Merzbow said:

If it's Nattie getting squashed then go for it, I know we're not really fans here but she's enough of a name that it'd really mean something.

A “name” is all she is. She’s a fucking loser.

7 hours ago, Nick James said:

I honestly thought when Rey was doing the tease for the partner it was going to be Andrade. I like Dragon Lee, bags of potential, future star, but this was the wrong time to use him. Absolute tumbleweed of an announcement, especially when the crowd were chanting for Carlito who was right there. 

Tag match is bollocks as well, go all out faction warfare. There's 5 on each side FFS.

When he said a partner of my choosing I thought they had got Bad Bunny back for the big show. Andrade would also have been better than Dragon Lee though. As above, I think Carlito being right there is part of the story as he looked a bit peeved.