The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

7 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I think its the difference between myself and Sir Scorch. He's a gentleman, I'm an oik. 

I think you’re doing yourself a disservice there.

You’re both oiks!

What do we think the lady said to Roman that got bleeped - “grow the fuck up” I think.  

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That's an odd way to look at it. How about you say that every other babyface since the dawn of time has been a gullible idiot because they believed what the heel said and that Cody knew Roman was untrustworthy so brought the backup that he knew he'd need. Cody looks smart, Roman looks out maneuvered and we roll on to Mania. It's showing Roman that someone might finally be on his level. To just think "Well they are both liars" is an odd take to me. 

Faces are gullible, that’s kind of the gimmick. But Cody isn’t a face is he, he’s is own thing, I guess. But my biggest issue wasn’t with them both lying, it was what they did. The heels would normally blindside the poor face in the ring. But they didn’t even get in the ring. They just stood outside grinning. To do what? And then when Cody revealed he had back up, we just had Seth laughing as he always does, and Sami just there.

Maybe I expected the usual and I should be grateful that we had something fresh, rather than thinking everyone looked like a chump and we didn’t get any kind of fight. Instead the crowd were flat (other than gobbo next to Roman) and the momentum is dipping. I’m certain by the go home show they would have fixed it, but for now there seems this problem of not being able to keep the momentum going 1) On a weekly basis 2) without The Rock. maybe they should  have stuck with Roman/Rock after all.

I'm not enjoying this Rockholm Syndrome that's starting to take hold.

No, they shouldn't have stuck with Rock/Roman. They should have stuck with Cody/Roman, and let The Rock host with Titus O'Neil or face Logan Paul or something.

The problem they've created is that because The Rock has turned it on so much he's made everyone realise what a proper superstar looks like.

I actually really like Cody and Roman, but they don't compare to The Rock when he's on it like he has been since they pivoted. He's a megastar and it's shown the current crop up.

He'll be back for the next few weeks and the crowd's will be mental again.

Obviously if Rock had never got involved then the crowd would be well up for the Cody/Roman stuff, but to get a taste of Rock in the form he's in to then go back to these just doesn't compare.

It's a shame, as obviously it's been thr story and Cody is great, as is Roman, and when Rocks gone again after WrestleMania they'll be carrying it again, and after a few weeks the magic will be back, but its had a massive affect now.

16 minutes ago, Doog said:

The problem they've created is that because The Rock has turned it on so much he's made everyone realise what a proper superstar looks like.

I actually really like Cody and Roman, but they don't compare to The Rock when he's on it like he has been since they pivoted. He's a megastar and it's shown the current crop up.

He'll be back for the next few weeks and the crowd's will be mental again.

Obviously if Rock had never got involved then the crowd would be well up for the Cody/Roman stuff, but to get a taste of Rock in the form he's in to then go back to these just doesn't compare.

It's a shame, as obviously it's been thr story and Cody is great, as is Roman, and when Rocks gone again after WrestleMania they'll be carrying it again, and after a few weeks the magic will be back, but its had a massive affect now.

Yeah, I mean this is exactly the problem.

He's a huge star. I don't personally love his act, but accept I'm in the minority, and he's come in at the last moment and made everything feel small and insignificant in comparison.

Then, in a few weeks, he'll go again and it'll all just be a bit flatter than it could have been.

He'd be a great tool to use in down years or to heat up acts or add starpower to something that needs that; as it is he's been plonked in the middle of the one year where they had something that felt like a huge main event without relying on nostalgia or celebrity.

But yeah, I'm just howling at the moon and my bedspread now. It is what it is. We should never be surprised when this company chooses to entrench nostalgia and the supremacy of the late 90's. They choose that as readily as I choose crisps over salads. It is what it is.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Yeah, I mean this is exactly the problem.

He's a huge star. I don't personally love his act, but accept I'm in the minority, and he's come in at the last moment and made everything feel small and insignificant in comparison.

Then, in a few weeks, he'll go again and it'll all just be a bit flatter than it could have been.

He'd be a great tool to use in down years or to heat up acts or add starpower to something that needs that; as it is he's been plonked in the middle of the one year where they had something that felt like a huge main event without relying on nostalgia or celebrity.

But yeah, I'm just howling at the moon and my bedspread now. It is what it is. We should never be surprised when this company chooses to entrench nostalgia and the supremacy of the late 90's. They choose that as readily as I choose crisps over salads. It is what it is.

I think we’re singing from the same bed sheet. Because I can see why for some it’s the biggest match they could put on, but it’s not what I wanted to see. But as I still don’t see Cody finishing the story at Mania, Rock v Roman would have been fine, had they not ballsed it up in the set up.

Is it all losing momentum or was it just a shit crowd? Tough to know really. All companies get that once in a while. There's a lot of assumptions going on.

I think the telling thing will be the Mania reaction and how things go after that. If they can transition into something people care about too. That's always a tough one.

• Paid Members

Well, I like Cody more.

To be honest, I’m still a bit of a shameless mark for The Rock and have been most times he’s stuck his face back in ever since the first departure that felt like wrestling was no longer really “his job.” But this is an exception - he’s not coming in to work on top in favour of a heel dujour as he did in his three Mania story with Cena, he trampled on what a load of us were hoping for and many were expecting (and indeed some of the booking pointed towards) - a vengeance storyline with the chance to crown a new (and full time) top babyface, at the (latest) biggest Mania ever.

#WeWantCody

12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Well, I like Cody more.

To be honest, I’m still a bit of a shameless mark for The Rock and have been most times he’s stuck his face back in ever since the first departure that felt like wrestling was no longer really “his job.” But this is an exception - he’s not coming in to work on top in favour of a heel dujour as he did in his three Mania story with Cena, he trampled on what a load of us were hoping for and many were expecting (and indeed some of the booking pointed towards) - a vengeance storyline with the chance to crown a new (and full time) top babyface, at the (latest) biggest Mania ever.

#WeWantCody

Excited Cody Rhodes GIF by TBS Network

4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I'm not enjoying this Rockholm Syndrome that's starting to take hold.

No, they shouldn't have stuck with Rock/Roman. They should have stuck with Cody/Roman, and let The Rock host with Titus O'Neil or face Logan Paul or something.

I wanted them to keep The Rock as a tweener and have him make Logan Paul his best boy representative for when he’s off doing mediocre films. Logan popping up with messages from daddy Dwayne making matches and shit. Logan Paul vs The Rock is a pretty big match down the line if they get desperate for tweets and trends after they’re done with Rock vs Roman.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think we’re singing from the same bed sheet. Because I can see why for some it’s the biggest match they could put on, but it’s not what I wanted to see. But as I still don’t see Cody finishing the story at Mania, Rock v Roman would have been fine, had they not ballsed it up in the set up.

If Rock had won the Rumble, I’m not sure ‘We want Cody’ would have happened. I don’t agree with most of your takes on this feud (such as Cody ‘not being a face’…I’m not sure how you’d back that statement up, but I think you’d struggle to make the case for it) - but I think you’re probably correct as far as that is concerned.