d-d-d-dAz Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 I, for one, am stunned that without The Rock present the segment made far more sense, was much more consistent and delivered a clear, accessible, understandable story between good and evil heading into Wrestlemania. Stunned. I definitely think Seth's turning, but I'm wondering whether there's some fuckery in the weeks following Mania. Seth turns on Cody on the Raw after Mania, furious that he became distracted by the Cody/Bloodline business and ultimately lost his title to Drew whilst Cody beat Roman, before Drew gets drafted to Smacky-D. Get the big boy title over to Raw. I don't know. He might lose. Rock might come back next week and I'll stop caring. But this was good, at least. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2024 6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Smacky-D. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2024 AJ Styles slowly morphing into Randy Savage playing Bone Saw in Spider-man. The size of him! Can only assume TKO tasked The Rock with writing up the new (non-existent) wellness policy. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 2 minutes ago, Supremo said: AJ Styles slowly morphing into Randy Savage playing Bone Saw in Spider-man. The size of him! Can only assume TKO tasked The Rock with writing up the new (non-existent) wellness policy. I think/am willing to bet there are TRT use exemptions for part-timers/people over 40. First thing I thought when I saw that shot of AJ was he's quickly approaching his Randy Savage 1999 phase. May God bless him. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 5 minutes ago, air_raid said: What a wonderful, odd man. I like the roots era of his hair. I hope he brings it back the next time he's on Smacky-D. Smacky-D. Smacky-D. Smacky-D. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted March 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2024 I think the fact they’re drawing so much attention to the potential of Rollins turning probably makes it that little bit less likely. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself. Thought the segment slightly petered out to be honest, but I did like Jey being involved this time. It only makes sense after all. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 2 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said: Thought the segment slightly petered out to be honest, but I did like Jey being involved this time. It only makes sense after all. The crowd definitely struggled to stay engaged through the whole thing, but you can hardly blame them - they've been given zero reason to give a shit about Cody/Roman in recent weeks, and were probably sat on their hands hoping The Rock was coming out any minute. Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 It's a shame the crowd has burned out slightly on the insanity of all of this. They definitely seemed a bit more tepid to what was - indeed - a more logical, comfortable segment on this week's show. You sort of have to feel that image of Jey and Rollins hopping over the barrier woulda/shoulda been accompanied by a much bigger pop sans Rock's shadow looming over everything. Still, better this week from Smacky D. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2024 The S-Down crowd definitely wandered off a bit in the middle of all that. When you are giving them more talk than wrestling you have to make the signposts of what to chant and where very clear and they didn't do that. The respective promos were good at telling us what we already knew to keep the story moving forward. There are two S-Downs left before Mania, you'd imagine that these guys will be in a holding pattern again next week before something special on the go home show. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said: What a wonderful, odd man. I like the roots era of his hair. I hope he brings it back the next time he's on Smacky-D. Smacky-D. Smacky-D. Smacky-D. The ‘D’ stands for Dwayne. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 19 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: The ‘D’ stands for Dwayne. I hope someone Smacky's D after what he's done to this Wrestlemania build. Quote
SpykeDudlei1 Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 The only issue I’d have with a Rollins heel turn is the impact on his title match on day two. I realise the clear lines between heel and face are long since dissolved in general but if you turn Rollins, that immediately switches McIntyre’s positioning in the match. He’s been such a great shithouse heel surely it wouldn’t make sense to dilute that. It would obviously give him his Mania world title moment in front of a crowd but I think he still gets something from that personally without going in as the smiley babyface. Maybe I’m missing something but just a thought. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 (edited) 12 minutes ago, SpykeDudlei1 said: The only issue I’d have with a Rollins heel turn is the impact on his title match on day two. I realise the clear lines between heel and face are long since dissolved in general but if you turn Rollins, that immediately switches McIntyre’s positioning in the match. He’s been such a great shithouse heel surely it wouldn’t make sense to dilute that. It would obviously give him his Mania world title moment in front of a crowd but I think he still gets something from that personally without going in as the smiley babyface. Maybe I’m missing something but just a thought. It's why I think, if he turns, he does so after Mania. Night 1, maybe The Rock turns on Roman and Cody/Rock cuddle and kiss and mutually masturbate like it was the plan all along; Night 2 shithouse heel Drew beats Rollins, still recuperating from a bruising Night 1; in the main event Cody gets his crowning moment as he defeats Roman Reigns and wins the title. This drives Rollins mad as he invested time in Cody, got distracted and lost his title... only for it all to be a wheeze set up by Cody and The Rock, so he stomps Cody's head in. Draft comes, and shithouse heel DM Punk and shithouse face CM Punk are moved to Smacky-D to feud over the consolation prize in the main event, whilst on Raw Cody and Rollins are left to feud over the big boy belt. Rock and Roman take some time off, before returning to feud over who's THE FINAL BOSS later in the year. Edited March 23, 2024 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2024 Somebody found Gallows and Anderson, then. Quote
SpykeDudlei1 Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 20 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: It's why I think, if he turns, he does so after Mania. Night 1, maybe The Rock turns on Roman and Cody/Rock cuddle and kiss and mutually masturbate like it was the plan all along; Night 2 shithouse heel Drew beats Rollins, still recuperating from a bruising Night 1; in the main event Cody gets his crowning moment as he defeats Roman Reigns and wins the title. This drives Rollins mad as he invested time in Cody, got distracted and lost his title... only for it all to be a wheeze set up by Cody and The Rock, so he stomps Cody's head in. Draft comes, and shithouse heel DM Punk and shithouse face CM Punk are moved to Smacky-D to feud over the consolation prize in the main event, whilst on Raw Cody and Rollins are left to feud over the big boy belt. Rock and Roman take some time off, before returning to feud over who's THE FINAL BOSS later in the year. Almost all of this makes total sense. It’s got night after Mania angle written all over it for Rollins/Rhodes to set up his first challenger who won’t win the belt but is a credible enough threat having just been the ‘other’ champ. Also, because Rhodes has his number in their initial meetings it might make a few but into the fact that (surely) Rollins is due one and makes it at least feel achievable. Only reason I say “almost all” is the Punk involvement as that’s surely months down the track because of his injury so can’t be the immediate angle. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.