UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Genuinely thought you lot were over egging it, but have just finished episode 1 and holy shit.

Went for a fag and couldn't stop singing "Woke up this moooorning, with the suuun in my eeeeyes"

Tune.

Just finished this, and it's a complete shitshow. What I mean by that is that whilst it's a decent story and a good documentary, everyone involved is an absolute cunt.

Only Erik, Saff, both of Joes husbands and to an extent shagger Doc come out of it seeming anywhere near decent.

Jeff Lowe has to be one of the biggest bellends I've ever seen on screen. A 50+ man who wears distressed denim jeans, and a bandana underneath a snapback, the Ken Anderson looking twat. Saying that I couldn't help but be attracted to his missus, as I like a bit of that southern-white-trash look.

James Garretson? Fat bellend. The campaign manager? Libertarian bellend. Allen? Meth bellend. Howard Baskin? Melted Prince Charles bellend. Just a constant stream of bellends.

Shagger Doc is a cross between Tim Robbins Ian (Ray to his friends) from High Fidelity and Michael Hayes but he's still a terrible human being.

So a good series, but again two episodes too long, and not touching the upper echelons of the genre (Redknapp mode) your Staircases, your Makings, Your Evil Geniuses; and I never ever want to see Joe Exotics face ever again.

Quote of the series: "I'm as gay as a three dollar bill" I'm using that.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Jeff Lowe has to be one of the biggest bellends I've ever seen on screen

He's the fucking worst. At least the others have some redeeming qualities but this guy is an absolute snake. Will turn his own mother into the feds if he had a chance. Man has to have a code and he doesn't have one.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The campaign manager? Libertarian bellend.

There was a point where he needlessly started a sentence with "I'm a Libertarian", and in that moment I hated him more than any of the murderers, drug traffickers, con artists, animal abusers and assorted cunts otherwise making up the cast of the series.

James Garretson's "shop" has the biggest Legitimate Business vibe I have ever seen.

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

There was a point where he needlessly started a sentence with "I'm a Libertarian", and in that moment I hated him more than any of the murderers, drug traffickers, con artists, animal abusers and assorted cunts otherwise making up the cast of the series.

James Garretson's "shop" has the biggest Legitimate Business vibe I have ever seen.

There used to be a shop in Twickenham when I was a teen which was called, no lie, Bill & Ben's Hooky Warehouse, which I always thought was just way too "Oh no officer, wink wink, we're a wink wink legit shop" and calling it that made it seems as if it could never be anything but above board.

It sold everyone from automatic BB weapons to sex dolls and wigs. Just everything. That's what his "shop" looked like. Just random items everywhere, like the worlds worst Lidl.

• Paid Members

Just watched a fascinating piece called The History Of Time Travel. It's pretty low budget, but very well written and made. It's a faux documentary about the invention and further consequences of time travel. 

6 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

There seems to be more that they didn’t include in Tiger King, like Joe Milli Vanilli-ing all his songs. 

https://slate.com/culture/2020/03/netflixs-tiger-king-joe-exotics-music-isnt-even-by-joe-exotic.html

Just watch it for five seconds and you’ll see that that isn’t a startling revelation 

• Paid Members

There must be something about big cat people that just attracts the utterly weird.

If you've enjoyed Tiger King, you'll also probably enjoy the surprisingly similar (and also jaw-dropping) Cat Dancers from 2007. Someone's kindly put the entire documentary up on Youtube.