UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

I've been slowly working my way through It's Alway's Sunny for a while and for some reason the photo fit of Dennis' paedo look-a-like has had me chuckling for days. I really hope it's all a steady incline of quality all the way through because each series has been better than the last so far.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I've been slowly working my way through It's Alway's Sunny for a while and for some reason the photo fit of Dennis' paedo look-a-like has had me chuckling for days. I really hope it's all a steady incline of quality all the way through because each series has been better than the last so far.

It absolutely is. The characters (Dennis especially) take turns and arcs that are wildly different from the first few series. Enjoy!

• Paid Members

The most recent season has a few good episodes but some of the worst since the early few seasons. The season before was ok but not much better.

Agree with the comment about Mac, Dee and Dennis’ changes pulling the show down a bit. Dee and Mac especially are particularly off-putting.

• Paid Members

The newest season of It's Always Sunny has two of my all-time favourite episodes in The Janitor Always Mops Twice and the Zoo one. 

I personally don't think there's any weak seasons outside of the first few when they were finding the rhythm of the show. There's poor episodes here and there, but for the most part I think it's been consistently great. And this is coming from somebody who used to hate Charlie Day.

11 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I've been working my way through the Netflix Ghiblis, and watched Tales from Earthsea the other night. I didn't hate it, but I can see why it has the reputation of being the worst Ghibli movie.

Ursula Le Guin's scathing review of it is pretty much the definitive take, my girlfriend (who hasn't read any of the books) agreed wholeheartedly with all of it.

This just reinforces for me my decision to skip this one.  Ursula K Le Guin is probably my favourite author, so the idea of watching someone make a mess of her books doesn't appeal.

The Wizard of Earthsea original trilogy is still a great potential source for a movie series though.   I was disappointed when Harry Potter came out because so much of its core story is stolen utterly from Le Guin, and even though the Earthsea novels are much, much better they remain somewhat obscure nowadays.

Hunters

Only watched the first episode, and whilst I like the premise, and the cast is decent, I found parts of it really boring for a pilot (Not the first 5 minutes, that was belting), and I don't know if I have the will to make it through a good part of 9 more hours of it.

Anyone watched beyond and can report whether it's good enough to carry on with?

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Anyone getting Disney plus when it's released on march 24 looks like the Simpsons won't be on it

Will if you use a VPN Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity and due to them releasing The Mandalorian weekly that’s what I’m going to do as my US subscription ran out before the last episode. They have also suggest not all the latest films will be on as they are in the US (not Disney+ originals, I mean the newest cinema releases)