UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

V Wars.

Eight episodes in and it's an enjoyable binge watch but feels like they are burning through multiple seasons worth of ideas in only ten episodes.

Whoever come with that show name though needs sacking.

Daybreak.

All over the place and like the above burning through ideas but I'm a massive sucker for post apocalypse based shows. Plus Matthew Broderick is great in it.

• Paid Members

I Lost My Body is the best animated film of the year, for me. Really unusual and initially seems like it's a bit of a stretch to follow, but it comes together beautifully. Only just over an hour and a quarter too, so even better.

• Paid Members

@SuperBacon will also vouch for the brilliance of The Body Remembers When the World Broke Open. Made in one continuous take but never feels gimmicky and it's one of the best films I've seen this year. Hugely recommended.

Atlantics is also really good, a weird supernatural romance set in Senegal. Perfect for fans of poncy foreign films with a slight hint of The Fog.

I Lost My Head is awesome. Probably the weirdest animated film I've seen for ages but really stunning and the ending is perfect. All lovely films.

• Paid Members

I'm about half way through Godless and its tremendous. Not quite Deadwood good (what is) but after a slow start it builds into a thrilling western series.

• Paid Members

Watched the first episode last night. Was a bit apprehensive about Henry Cavill playing Geralt but it seems to be a good bit of casting so far. He's got the voice nailed on, which is pretty important. 

All in all a really enjoyable first episode. I'll go through the rest over the next week or so. 

33 minutes ago, Herne's Son said:

Anyone watched Don't fu*k with Cats?

Finished it last night, both disturbing and fascinating at the same time.

Yes and I really wish I hadn’t. It’s genuinely upsetting. They showed far too much of the horrific videos. If it was possible to go back and unwatch it, I absolutely would.

Edited by RedRooster