UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

• Paid Members
Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh really? I have a policy of not watching anything with 'American' in the title, but now you've told me that I'm intrigued.

You should change this policy (which is quite a solid one) for American Animals, which was one of the best films of last year.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh really? I have a policy of not watching anything with 'American' in the title, but now you've told me that I'm intrigued.

Aye, the filmed around the Nestle building. I was very excited about Michael Keaton being in my town.  I'm not sure how much of it is in the film though.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Is the Teen Titan's TV series as funny as the movie? Just noticed there on Netflix. 

Not quite. Same sense of humour but not quite as dense in gags. Watchable enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Blindspotting has just been added. It was the best film I saw at the cinema last year, recommended to everyone.

They also added American Made, which is already one of the most under-appreciated of Tom Cruise's career.

I've watched the first series of Dark. I can't tell if it's genuinely clever Sci Fi or just needlessly over complicated. I watched the badly dubbed one as well for my girlfriend's benefit and now she's tapped out and I cant get used to their German voices.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Unexpectedly impressed by the new Rocko's Modern Life special. Haven't watched the cartoon in 20 years, so had to work to remember who was who and what was what, but it's good fun, and a surprisingly good satire on fan entitlement culture.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Unexpectedly impressed by the new Rocko's Modern Life special. Haven't watched the cartoon in 20 years, so had to work to remember who was who and what was what, but it's good fun, and a surprisingly good satire on fan entitlement culture.

They handled Rachel as well as they could have too, and one of the best timed jokes ever there as well.

I finished Dark series 2, shitty dub and all. I really enjoyed it and I dont think it's spoilery to say the foresite in the plotting is pretty impressive. I just can't shake off the feeling I'm watching a knock off Mads Mikkelson whenever Ulrich is on screen.

Mindhunter Season 2

Only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but it's a reminder of what a phenomenal director David Fincher is.  Great series, great cast and direction, amazing sound mix.  Watch out for the crazy loud cloth foley in the 2nd episode, really clever and unnerving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just posted the Breaking Bad movie trailer in the movie trailers thread, but it's just reminded me how much I'll be binge watching Netflix over the next couple of months:

Breaking Bad movie, Dark Crystal, The Irishman plus new Top Boy, GLOW, Good Place and I still haven't watched the latest Stranger Things yet. 

• Paid Members

Watched Mindhunter 2 last week. I liked it but didn’t think it was as good as the first season. The guy who played Manson was great, Berkowitz was scarily accurate and Kemper was brilliant just like S1. I didn’t think this season was as dark though and I felt like the Atlanta Child Murders case was dragged out but then tied up in one episode. 

I’m hoping Netflix/Prime eventually do something on the Golden State Killer based on Michelle McNamara’s book but I’m guessing they’ll wait until the court case is over.