Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Chef was a fantastic film, even I might watch that. It's easily the best thing Favreau's ever done.

Yeah I agree with that. Anything that tames his smugness helps. 

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I kinda can't stand Favreau but I'll give it a go. Salt Fat Acid Heat is well worth a go for hardcore 'why does this taste so good?' telly. 

Think I’ve mentioned it before but Ugly Delicious is excellent too. 

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

The Chef Show

Jon Favreau cooks for famous pals.  The first episode had him making a pepper pot for Pepper Potts and Cuban sandwiches (<3) with Bill Burr.

Great fun for foodies and geeks alike.  Probably right up your street @Onyx2 and @Thunderplex.  Sorry TP, it must be weird being tagged and it not being Flair tonsil hockey.

This sounds great. Only @Bellenda Carlisle could possibly not like this...

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

The Chef Show

Jon Favreau cooks for famous pals.  The first episode had him making a pepper pot for Pepper Potts and Cuban sandwiches (<3) with Bill Burr.

Great fun for foodies and geeks alike.  Probably right up your street @Onyx2 and @Thunderplex.  Sorry TP, it must be weird being tagged and it not being Flair tonsil hockey.

It does make a refreshing change!

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is he in character for The Chef Show or is he just cooking stuff as himself?

He's just Jon Favreau, but they talk about Chef the movie a fair bit.

5 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This sounds great. Only @Bellenda Carlisle could possibly not like this...

😂 

5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He'll be alright if Favreau wears a Batman t-shirt.

No way man, if all it took to get me to like a fatso beardy movie director was them wearing a Batman T-shirt then how could I hate Kevin Smith?

How To Sell Drugs Online (Fast)

I’m sure that if i was 15 years younger, I would’ve enjoyed this at least 72% more. 

Having said that, it’s quite fun, and there is some excellent dark humour in places. It’s well made, even if they go a bit above board with the overlaid WhatsApp and Instagram graphics, although these are well done.

The two leads are good, and there’s only 6 episodes at 25ish minutes each, so you can knock it out fairly quickly. 

Would definitely watch another series. 

As someone who is suffering from 30 Rock withdrawal symptoms, is Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt any good? The trailer doesn't look too promising, it just feels like your standard light-hearted US sitcom, but I've heard that it's a spiritual sequel of sorts. Is there more to it than whats contained in an 2 minute clip show?

When They See Us

Incredible TV. A harrowing story, and one which will have you disgusted at what those lads were put through. A cracking cast as well, with some strong performances, but the accused are the stand outs. Just so well acted. Jharrel Jerome especially.

Recommend the documentary as well. 

I need something funny after going through that I can tell you.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

When They See Us

Incredible TV. A harrowing story, and one which will have you disgusted at what those lads were put through. A cracking cast as well, with some strong performances, but the accused are the stand outs. Just so well acted. Jharrel Jerome especially.

Recommend the documentary as well. 

I need something funny after going through that I can tell you.

I talked about it in the TV thread like an idiot. Oprah is having a special on Netflix tomorrow, I believe with the 5

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

As someone who is suffering from 30 Rock withdrawal symptoms, is Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt any good? The trailer doesn't look too promising, it just feels like your standard light-hearted US sitcom, but I've heard that it's a spiritual sequel of sorts. Is there more to it than whats contained in an 2 minute clip show?

The first series is watchable to decent. John Hamm is excellent as always. Tried the second series but it was hot garbage.

To preempt a possible follow question, as someone who also wanted some more 30 Rock magic I also tried to watch the second series of News Room. It's terrible. Good cast, dreadful writing. Also despite being heavily featured in the advertising Tina Fey was only in a couple episodes.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Triple Frontier is pretty bloody awful by the way.  Some good action sequences but so utterly devoid of humanity that you feel pretty dirty afterwards.

Triple Frontier is fantastic, one of the best things Netflix have put out. Will legitimately fume if they don't do a sequel.