UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Thanks Chest. AP, try again with the recut if you haven't already. There's a few moments of genius that make it just about worthwhile. Though I would skip all the George Sr and Tobias/Lindsey episodes if I were rewatching. Nothing interesting happens.

Also I'm not sure about the "paedos, lol" humour. Are we really laughing about that yet? 

I might read the Wiki to get the gist of what happened and then jump straight into season 5. I'm itching for an easy, weekly watch now that I'm done with The Good Place and F Is For Family.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I'm in the minority in that S4 is my favourite of Arrested Development. Plenty in there that I liked, and I preferred the original cut too. It's the easiest rewatch of the entire run for me. I struggled more with S3, especially with the hilarious 'mentally retarded' stuff - similar kind of thing really put me off It's Always Sunny for a long time.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Dark Tourist is a pretty cool travel doc series. Fronted by the guy who made the Tickled documentary a couple of years ago 

I enjoyed Dark Tourist. They had an episode set over here which focused on the war and peace festival for the first half. As someone who goes to that festival nearly every year, I don’t really see it as a dark tourist destination or get that vibe from it. But maybe that’s me. 

McKamey Manor is all kinds of fucked up though. 

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Really enjoying Kingdom at the moment. Considering I've pretty much given up on Walking Dead this is a nice alternative.

Was hyped when I saw the trailers but the 1st episode bored me to tears, I’ll get back to it eventually though.

The Walking Dead on the other hand has added Samantha Morton to the cast and she is amazing as the new villain.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Both S4 and S5 of Arrested Development are a real slog.  It relies far too much now on overt callback, so every joke has to be explained by a flashback, sometimes two.  It throws the pacing of every episode off terribly.  As much as a fan as I was of the classic series, I just can't get through S5.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else watched the whole of Russian Doll?  Just finished it and thought it was one of the best series I've seen in ages - and I'm undecided on what it actually means.

• Paid Members

I thought it was great. The resolution of it was a bit out of left field, but it worked. I can't imagine they'd do another series, although it'd be possible, I guess. 

22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Chris Lilley has a new show called Lunatics, it's exactly what you would expect of him too with him playing a bunch of characters and being edgy.. shite.

You've watched it already. Only came onto Netflix this morning.

I loved Summer Heights High and Angry Boys but not holding out too much hope for this one.

In the spirit of sacrifice, I also tried watching Bad Blood, which looks like a cross between Sons of Anarchy and The Sopranos.

Despite a good cast, it's really poor - badly written, badly acted, kinda cheap feeling.  I got about 4 episodes in but that was it.  There's definitely better stuff on Netflix.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

In the spirit of sacrifice, I also tried watching Bad Blood, which looks like a cross between Sons of Anarchy and The Sopranos.

Despite a good cast, it's really poor - badly written, badly acted, kinda cheap feeling.  I got about 4 episodes in but that was it.  There's definitely better stuff on Netflix.

Yeah, it's not the best by any stretch. I got through to the end of it though, although it was pretty predictable. Nothing worth writing home about, but I thought it was okay, especially if you like the Mafia stuff.