Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

I hope we can all agree Escape Plan 2 was brutally bad, unless Gladders loved it of course.

On the other hand, despite a very low budget and a pretty bad cast All The Devil's Men was actually worth watching.  Some fun firefights and a twisty turny plot.  I got that LA Takedown vibe where the director was going for something gritty and different but lacked the money and cast to completely pull it off.  I feel he has a good film in him, a bit like Michael Mann.

The Accountant

Top performance by Affleck in a decent action thriller.  Anna Kendrick is in it as well, which scores some points on here.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

The Accountant

Top performance by Affleck in a decent action thriller.  Anna Kendrick is in it as well, which scores some points on here.

Getting a sequel too! Had loads of fun with this as well.

If you asked me during Season 1 I would have recommended Happy! as a tongue-in-cheek hyper-violent dark comedy thriller. Like Who Framed Roger Rabbit X Hotline Miami.
After just finishing Season 2, I wouldn't be as eager too. Really falls off a cliff and overdoes it with the bizarre stuff at the expense of the suspense and action. It picks up towards the end of Season 2 but it turns out Syfy cancelled it last week anyway.

Smoothie is one of the best TV villains I've seen in ages still though. Guy's a fucking oddity.

I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson 

Had no idea who this was but heard Pete Donaldson mention it on a pod and it’s a decent hit rate sketch show. Lots of SNL peeps and also a Samberg cameo @Chest Rockwell and they’re only 15 minute episodes.

Well worth checking out if the above floats your boat. Thought the gift receipt and bumper sticker sketches were the best thing on it. Fucking died at the latter.

I appreciate the Samberg alert but I have a general dislike for sketch comedy, so I don't know how high a priority this one will receive. 

I still haven't bloody found anywhere to watch Seven Days in Hell...

Trinkets is a lovely little show and well worth watching but it’s made me feel like an utter scumbag for developing a massive crush on Brianna Hildebrand. 

Stranger Things Series 3

Well, fucking hell, that was excellent. 

A much more layered show, with a lot more for everyone to do, and a show with excellent pacing that really never lags at all.

Some awesome additions to the cast, Maya Hawke being the stand out, and this series is utterly hilarious in places.

Honestly, a bit in the final episode had me absolutely in tears, I laughed so much.

Just great work all round.

Is there any news at all about the connor vs mayweather documentary that apparently was made and rumoured to be finished end of Lastyear 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Stranger Things Series 3

Well, fucking hell, that was excellent. 

A much more layered show, with a lot more for everyone to do, and a show with excellent pacing that really never lags at all.

Some awesome additions to the cast, Maya Hawke being the stand out, and this series is utterly hilarious in places.

Honestly, a bit in the final episode had me absolutely in tears, I laughed so much.

Just great work all round.

You can tell from the get go that they've upped their CGI budget for this season!

Stranger Things 3 last episode spoiler.

RIP Billy, the territories just lost their greatest heel. Obviously Hopper is wandering around the upside down punching stuff and the yank that the Russians have will be Matthew Modine.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, SuperBacon said:

When They See Us

Incredible TV. A harrowing story, and one which will have you disgusted at what those lads were put through. A cracking cast as well, with some strong performances, but the accused are the stand outs. Just so well acted. Jharrel Jerome especially.

Recommend the documentary as well. 

I need something funny after going through that I can tell you.

Got to echo this, an absolutely amazing piece of television, if Jharrel Jerome doesn't win awards for the final episode alone it's an absolute travesty. 

Watch this miniseries.