UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

• Paid Members
On 8/16/2019 at 12:00 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I've quite enjoyed Wu Assassins. It's hardly a show to obsess over, but a good waste of time.

Been dipping into this over the bank holiday weekend whilst taking breaks from household tasks.Ā  Saving the series finaleĀ for tonight.Ā 

It tries to be more serious than it needs to be at times. It's good fun.

• Awards Moderator

Has anyone watched Dark Crystal yet? It feels like no one is talking about it anywhere despite being a 'beloved' property.Ā 

I've always been a bit meh about the film - found it a bit plodding and the protagonist annoying - but I'm intrigued enough to hear if it's worth a watch. Particularly as family friendly stuff is really hard to come by this century.Ā 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Has anyone watched Dark Crystal yet? It feels like no one is talking about it anywhere despite being a 'beloved' property.Ā 

I've always been a bit meh about the film - found it a bit plodding and the protagonist annoying - but I'm intrigued enough to hear if it's worth a watch. Particularly as family friendly stuff is really hard to come by this century.Ā 

A few friends have started it and been blown away. My daughter is just finishing A Series of Unfortunate Events (which they have bloody watched without me) and this will be the next thing on our family list

• Paid Members

I watched the film last night in preparation for the series, having not watched it since I was a kid and it terrified me. While the puppet work and so on is masterful, the opening narration is a mess, and the whole film is just a mess of clichƩ and exposition. I have no idea how it's ended up garnering a sequel/prequel series, but I'm still going to give it a go.

I binged all of Mindhunter over the last couple of weeks. It's very good but I was hoping for more interviews and less foot tickles in series two. I know it's based on true events but It feels like it was decided that the show needed to ramp it up a bit and be a bit more Silence of the Lambsy. Still very good.

I've never seen The Crown but news of Gillian Anderson being cast as Thatcher sounds like a wank challenge too good to turn down.

• Paid Members
On 9/1/2019 at 11:57 PM, Onyx2 said:

Watched the first 2 episodes. Daughter (6) was traumatized during both and declared it as unsuitable for kids. I find it beautiful to look at, but hard to keep up with who is who and their connection but that just might be me. Either way, its worth a gander

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Watched the first 2 episodes. Daughter (6) was traumatized during both and declared it as unsuitable for kids. I find it beautiful to look at, but hard to keep up with who is who and their connection but that just might be me. Either way, its worth a gander

"it's traumatising and hard to follow. Check it out!" Hard pass thanks.Ā 

• Paid Members

Me and my daughter watched the first episode, and it is tricky to work out who's who/which tribe they are from etc. I think it becomes clearer throughout the season as it was starting to fall more into place by the end of the first episode. We're probably going to wait for my 7yo son to watch the first episode first before we proceed as he really wants to watch it. I like it based on the first episode, will see how it goes on.